Yamaha 50 liter top case mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torchsport

Deer Whisperer
Reaction score
I made it thru the whole dremeling of the plastics fine,, and now putting everything back together with the new rear carrier. 

Can anyone describe better, or provide pics from under your passenger seat on how these supports and under seat supports go?

I tried searching here and youtube with zero luck.

The instructions and illustrations are lacking for exactly how these reinforcement items, that connect the sub frame to the frame, go together. 

Much appreciated. 

I made it thru the whole dremeling of the plastics fine,, and now putting everything back together with the new rear carrier. 

Can anyone describe better, or provide pics from under your passenger seat on how these supports and under seat supports go?

I tried searching here and youtube with zero luck.

The instructions and illustrations are lacking for exactly how these reinforcement items, that connect the sub frame to the frame, go together. 

Much appreciated. 

The thread Canadian FJR references shows some of my relevant photos. I've just added a few more to show the fitted rack. I'll reference them all here for convenience.

(Click on image for larger view)

This shows the parts in place with the screws removed (actually during dismantling from my previous FJR)

Next shows both sides' fittings showing correct orientation of each part (bottom of the picture is towards the back of the bike)

Next few are of the assembled rack (surprisingly dirty under there. Oh, wait, it's mcatrophy's bike. No surprise.)

Note the two cast lumps are identical, not mirror images as might be expected. Their front-to-back mounting orientation is the same. The thin spacers align the rack to the frame, without them there would be severe strain on the casting.

Thank you sir! I searched the forums and wasn't able to find that thread. 

Very helpful. The written instructions were not clear, and they had the left/right supports were labeled opposite each other on the parts list image on their included instructions.  

Support will not work with the Corbin Smuggler without modifications. For anyone is that might be considering it.