Yamaha Announces 2011 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's here...it's liquid silver....it's still a Gen 2. It's $300 more.

Seems similar to the '08/'09 model year. I'm gonna have to rethink how I do my comparison matrix and possibly combine years. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's here...it's gray....it's still a Gen 2. It's $300 more.
Wow,

check out one of the key features: The world’s first supersport touring bike boasts standard ABS and adjustable ergonomics—that widen the gap between it and common sport tourers to a [SIZE=12pt]gaping chasm[/SIZE].

Dont know if i'd advertise that in mixed company... :blink:

greygoose

Oh...and the new one is 3 pounds heavier. And the height and lengths are different....that's interesting....could be an artifact.

2011 2010

Height 57.1 in 52.4 in

Length 87.8 in 88.2 in

Whatever happened to color options? I had a CBR600RR a few years ago and had a choice of 4 or 5 colors

No surprise. As expected.

You get the scoop this year my friend. Had been checking but you got me while I was walking the dog.

Yes, disappointing, but still not surprising. Yamaha is hurting, and the FJR is still selling. It is a damned shame they can't even change the freaking color every year. Ya know, they are starting to piss me off. Where's the kool-aid?

That's pretty weak. Kawasaki ups their game while Yamaha goes to the table with heated grips standard?! 2012's FJR better hover or something :blink:

You get the scoop this year my friend. Had been checking but you got me while I was walking the dog.
Actually, that prop goes to herfjr, but I was loathed to having "the annual thread" starting out with the extremely loaded "it's grey again" and no initial details in the first post.

herfjr gets the scoop! :clapping:

And, I PM'ed her, she said OK, and the two threads are now merged.

So, for your $300 you get the 'used to be an option" $500-installed speed sensitive heated grips. As to being competitive, it is indeed competitive to a very huge degree aginst the main North American competition, the C14 - though the Kawasaki does have some higher tech on board . . . and the BMW remains overpriced. Honjda is out of the running with both the ST1300 and the overpriced VFR.

Having lost a half billion dollars last year they simply couldn't spend money upgrading a low volume model.

As to color options, we've never had them, so what's changed?

As to the weight gain - maybe it's the new grounding blocks they've designed in as the solution to the spider problem?

Latest posts