Yamaha Canada May be coming to CFR 2010

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugR

Reaction score
This is all very tentative so no promises yet.

I was talking to Yamaha Canada's national event organizer yesterday, they are well aware of the rally and it's up for consideration as being add to the

official Yamaha Canada events calender for 2010.

What level of support and how big their presence will be is dependent on a bunch of things

including

The level of our participation

What other activities are on at the same time

What their budget is going to be

Right now they are in the middle of the show season and the snowmobile events are starting so it could be April or May before they can confirm anything

I'll keep you informed as I know more.

I've added a poll here to try and gauge what impact a major Yamaha presence could have on the attendance.

(Yes they will be reading any comments).

Chris

I think that's good news. They would add something to the event but I'm planning to go anyway.

Yamaha of Canada has always been a great supporter of Yamaha events. Going back to my Virago days and Western Canada rallys they were a real help. I would like to see them at the rally. WOW I am old, that over 15 years of Canadian rallys.

Longrider

It would sure be nice to see Yamaha at the event. Since I bought the FJR I have been a little bit disappointed in Yamaha's marketing and support for this market segment. I realize the SportTouring types are but a small piece of their market but it's growing market segment and, IMHO, an important one.

Their presence at the Rally will not influence my attendance, I'll be there either way, but it will positively influence my opinion of Yamaha when it comes time to replace my ride!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really sure what they would bring to the party.
What would we expect of them? :unsure:
You know you had We Stanley Boys from the start, had such a great time at CFR 2009 we can't wait to attend Quebec CFR.

I see attendance of Yamaha CA as another neat feature of CFR, added to forested mountain roads and Canadian Women!!

I see attendance of Yamaha CA as another neat feature of CFR, added to forested mountain roads and Canadian Women!!
SUCH a smooth talker .....
MEM and Barb: Why don't you CA Ladies see if you can get Rush to perform at CFR! Make them an offer they cannot refuse!
GREAT idea! But what could we offer them? :blink:

c751e23d-8ad5-4ab0-85b0-57168dfdb715.jpg

...see if you can get Rush to perform at CFR! Make them an offer they cannot refuse!
Rush?!?!?!? Wholly Carp! These days that may only take a case Molson and a couple of fat chicks! :dribble:
https://www.bmwbmw.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8693 Can't help it, Jeff; shows my advanced age! Huge long time Rush fan!
Any chance you like Bubbles, too ?!

One of the best episodes of Trailer Park Boys ! :D

SUCH a smooth talker .....
MEM and Barb: Why don't you CA Ladies see if you can get Rush to perform at CFR! Make them an offer they cannot refuse!
Both Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart ride don't they?
Absolutely! Neil's a long time BMW GS rider and attends BMW events. Has done feature articles for BMW Owners News mag!!