yamaha corporate number?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickey191

Reaction score
anyone know the number of yamaha corporate? or email addy?

I think I want to share my recent experience with Fun Bike Center and the PDP program.

Google is your friend!

Go to Yamaha's website and look for the "Contact Us" link. And then grasshopper, all that you seek shall be provided.

BTW, I have been following your ordeal here and on the FJR mailing list. And while I feel really bad for you, you bear some of the responsibility. You should have RUN, not walked, away from that dealer back in October or November. Even you stated you knew something was not right.

If you would have come on this forum back then with your story, once again, we would have demanded that you RUN, not walk, away from that dealer over to Ted at Southbay Motorsports.

A dealer should NOT do what was done to you. But..........everyone should know, its "buyer beware".

I don't think calling the Yammie customer service line is going to matter one bit either. Might make you feel a little better, but thats about it. What I would do, is WRITE A LETTER to Yammie about your experience. Written communication will always get more attention in matters like this.

Good luck Chuck. I hope this all works out for you. I would love to see you on an FJR. I wouldn't wait until Saturday either, I would go down to see Tony at Southbay Motorsports, just to see what he has to say. I am not even from the People's Republik of Kali, but I have seen enough people on this forum sing his praise to know that he is a straight shooter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have called tony at Southbay - he wasn't in, yet -

Will call him again in 1/2 hour.

Thanks for the tip.

actually went to google and yammi and contact us - but found only the privacy department -

I'll check again.

Yes, I'm sure that Yammie will care little for what I have to say - I will definitely put it in writing, but I will probably also talk to the BBB. If there is a program that allows buyers to pre-purchase bikes - or REQUIRES that bikes be pre-purchased - the the consumer ought to be ABLE to pre-purchase the bike.

My bitch is that I wasn't given this opportunity.

found the number 800 962-7926

hopefully you aren't headed this way trying to get one of the available bikes ahead of me :D

for the Reader's Digest version:

A waste of time

the more detailed version follows:

After talking to a pleasant Donna - I was put on hold. Was promised

around 9 minutes - too 17 minutes.

Talked with Erin - who asked if he could call the dealership before I

could even start telling him my version of events.

Put me on hold for approx 20 minutes (after he couldn't find the

dealer's name or phone number and I gave it to him).

came back and said - basically.......

"tough - all dealers are privately owned and they can put whatever

additional fees they want on a bike" That basically what I had was a

customer/dealer price dispute which they wouldn't get involved with.

I did manage to tell him that I felt that this was a misuse of the PDP

program, that I was never allowed to deal with them on a open and

above board basis and that I was an idiot for not walking away - but

asked if he thought that this is what the PDP program was about - a

way for a dealer to gouge customers. He said that if this is what the

dealer wanted to do and the public continued to support them... then

that is their business.

I asked to whom else I could complain and was told that he had all the

authority that any manager might have and therefore - the buck stopped

with him.

Asked to speak to his supervisor and was told - no.

I will say that I stayed pretty calm during all of this - never yelled

or even raised my voice (hard to believe) in fact... I was laughing

through much of it - mostly at my stupidity.

I did tell him that I really didn't care much for customer service so

far as a potential Yamaha customer.

I did hang up without saying good bye - [aren't I the meanest guy?]

so - i have the cell number of my ersatz salesman - anyone know of any

gay bars that I can write it on the bathroom wall of?

I'm thinking downtown San Diego - train and bus station - maybe Petco

Park - and a couple of bulletin boards out there.

I would say write it all up in a calm but detailed letter including how this affects your opinion of Yamaha and chances of buying a Yamaha product, how long you have been riding, how many bikes you have owned and how often you buy new bikes.

Make copies and sent a copy to the owner of the dealership and copies to each executive you can think of (Yamaha USA and Japan).

It might make no difference or one may reach someone who decides to look into it.

Hey they may even send you a free hat! :cap:

What the heck are those idiots over at Fun Bike Center doing now??? I would never go there ever again. I hope it all works out for you.

Rick

PS If they are telling you that you cannot have your deposit back on the bike they are dead wrong. I don't want, nor am I trying to start any falme wars with that response either. There are customer protections built into the CA Vehicle Code that don't allow "non refundable deposits."