Yamaha Dealers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone recommend a good dealer in the Western PA area that will help me get off my Honda VTX and onto an 08 or 09 FJR1300A? I found out yesterday that the bonus this year is a GO so that means my search is now ramping up as in about a month I should have enough to pay cash for the difference between the 07 VTX1300C and a FJR.
Edit: I have no problem with a few hundred mile ride to swap bikes out as long as the price is right and we can negotiate a deal prior to the ride. That should expand the "Western PA area" a bit.
The two dealers I have dealt with locally (and actually like) are Montgomeryville cycle center in Hatfield PA and CycleMax in Honeybrook PA. Cyclemax is a little more low-key (salesguys don't hound you like a dog in heat).

Either one should be fair and reasonable. I know for a fact that cyclemax has at least one lightly used fjr on the floor.

Good luck!!

PS: I'm buying a "new to me" 05 FJR from Mosites in North Huntington...I'll let you know how that works out. They should be in your neighborhood

Last edited by a moderator:
The two dealers I have dealt with locally (and actually like) are Montgomeryville cycle center in Hatfield PA and CycleMax in Honeybrook PA. Cyclemax is a little more low-key (salesguys don't hound you like a dog in heat).
Either one should be fair and reasonable. I know for a fact that cyclemax has at least one lightly used fjr on the floor.

Good luck!!

PS: I'm buying a "new to me" 05 FJR from Mosites in North Huntington...I'll let you know how that works out. They should be in your neighborhood
Thanks much! I'll put them on the list and let me know how the deal in North Huntington goes.

Can anyone recommend a Dealer in the NW Arkansas area where they had a good experience purchasing a new FJR. (Bentonville, Fayetteville, Harrison, Silaom Springs..ones I know where there are Yamaha Dealers). Thanks.

Good luck!!

Thanks much! I'll put them on the list and let me know how the deal in North Huntington goes.
Hi I wanted to get back to you about Mosites. Six months, the bike is perfect. Mosites trested me properly. No complaints

I have to put my 2 cents in...

Best Yamaha Dealer in the Milwaukee area... Mukwonago Yamaha....

Worst... IMHO... Don and Roys <<< STAY away . Parts guy is a real PIA

I found this dealer lacking:

Palmdale supercycle

Palmdale Ca.93550

First the ignition switch recall. The tech did not tighten the battery terminals. This caused the bike to stall while riding,

Second the grounding recall. I advised the shop supervisor of my bad first experience. The expectation was the detail work would be taken care of. The rear bolt holding down the gas tank was missing the nut. Not critical, but come on guys. I called to complain ... Oh yea it's Monday, their closed. Now I wonder what else they didn't do correctly.

This dealer has a well-earned reputation for excellent, fair & friendly service.

PENTICTON YAMAHA AND MARINE

124 SOUTH BEACH DR.

PENTICTON, BC

V2A3W3

Phone

250-492-8300

Fax

250-492-8301

But the manager plays hideous techno-pop 'music' on the store radio... :dribble:

Yamaha of Byron

300 Hwy 49 South

Byron,GA 31008

www.yamahaofbyron.com

Ph: 478-654-6760

Fx: 478-654-6103

Frank in service is very good.

I got my FJR from this dealer and will have them service it as well.

Stone's Snow Sleds

4386 Fairville Maple Ridge Road

Newark, NY 14513

Phone: 315-483-4329

Phone2: 315-331-2053

STAY AWAY FROM:

Shawmut Hills Cycles and Sales

2807 Lake Michigan Drive

Grand Rapids, MI 49504

Their service is not only slow but it sucks. I brought my tires in off the bike and they held them overnight to do a tire change and warped my rear rotor by dropping the tire and scuffed my painted rims (to the metal)
When I was looking to buy my 2012, I saw they had one listed on CycleTrader.com, so I inquired about it. Didn't even get a response from these guys!

Renton Motorcycle Company closed about 4 months ago. Lamphere converted the building into a car showroom for his Honda franchise. Not many cycle shops left in the Seattle/Puget Sound area.

I bought my FJR from Adventure Motorsports in Monroe, WA. John Edgar is the head mechanic and has always done great work on my '09.

Adventure Motorsports

17321 Tye Street SE #A

Monroe WA 98272

Phone: 360-805-5550 Fax: 360-805-9550.

Anyone recommend which of these three NW Oregon dealers is best (or least worst...):

1. Cycle Sports - Salem

2. Power Yamaha - Sublimity

3. Lamphere's Beaverton Yamaha

I shudder at the thought of taking my '07 FJR to any of them, but I now need to because of the dreaded clutch disengagement issue. Cripes.

TIA,

Derv
I just bought my '05 from Bob's on memorial day wknd. there is also Sports Plasa in Fairview and Clackamas.

Renton Motorcycle Company closed about 4 months ago. Lamphere converted the building into a car showroom for his Honda franchise. Not many cycle shops left in the Seattle/Puget Sound area.

I bought my FJR from Adventure Motorsports in Monroe, WA. John Edgar is the head mechanic and has always done great work on my '09.

Adventure Motorsports

17321 Tye Street SE #A

Monroe WA 98272

Phone: 360-805-5550 Fax: 360-805-9550.
I went to Hinshaw's in Auburn, they've been good to my bikes, something I can't vouch for with Motoplex in Lynnwood. Might be, because I bought a few bikes in Auburn, the best catch I did was my FJR, one of the honchos owned her and so I got me a used bike with the knowledge that all is fine with her..... But I second you, not many dealers left here at the Pacific Northwest!

I like working with Enumclaw Yamaha in Washington. They have provided me very good customer service with all my purchases and needs, down to earth and friendly people :)

If you are ever in need of a Yamaha dealer in Louisiana, do NOT go to Lafayette Powersports. They did not even know who made an FJR when I asked about buying one there. After some discussion with the sales staff, I was told that they are not really interested in motorcycles -- four wheelers, ATVs, and boats are their thing.

RL Equipment in Verner Ontario, between Sudbury and North Bay.

An exceptional dealer for FJR service. Both the dealer principal and his wife both ride FJR's. I actually feel guilty when I have to bring my bike in somewhere else besides them.

Replaced a brake line at on FJRRob1300's bike on day one of a 3 week trip from stock braided line when NOBODY else would touch it. These guys will get you, and keep you on the road.

Halls Motorsports in Harvey, Louisiana, has a new 2013 FJR listed on their web site for $13,799. Gave them a call to see if this was for a bike they actually had. Was told it was sold last Saturday but that they can get another at that price. I then asked if what other charges would be added. There is a dealer fee, he says .... $1,250. Say what? He explained that they list the dealer cost on the web site, and they have to add profit to that. Hmmmm. Can someone say deceptive advertising? What a crock.