Yamaha Dealers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this dealer lacking:palmdale supercycle

Palmdale Ca.93550

First the ignition switch recall. The tech did not tighten the battery terminals. This caused the bike to stall while riding,

Second the grounding recall. I advised the shop supervisor of my bad first experience. The expectation was the detail work would be taken care of. The rear bolt holding down the gas tank was missing the nut. Not critical, but come on guys. I called to complain ... Oh yea it's Monday, their closed. Now I wonder what else they didn't do correctly.
The owner of the place lisited above also owns this dealership:

AV Kawasaki, Yamaha, Polaris

400 W. Avenue I

Lancaster, CA 93534

I bought my FJR from this place... The staff and service folks are unprofessional and untrained. They overcharge for awful service and are usually late on what is promised. Most of the time I had to redo was was serviced on my bike... I mean, how hard is it to statically balance a tire??? They put the weights on the heavy side... The last (warranty) service they performed (replacing my defective fuel tank) took them 3 weeks to do (verses the 4 days promised), they charged me for fuel, and gave me the bike back covered in bird crap... When I gave them a bad review via a received Corporate Yamaha survey, the Service Manager called me and bullied me about my comments...and told me he wasn't going to be as nice to me next time. Well, there won't be a next time... All that read this have been warned - stay away from this dealership!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any information on Texas dealers?
I would also be very interested in dealers to purchase from in the North Texas area..... ready to go with cash in hand! Talked to the Maxim dealership in Allen yesterday, it was like going to a used car lot. OTD @ $15,900.60....

Rexford

Halls Motorsports in Harvey, Louisiana, has a new 2013 FJR listed on their web site for $13,799. Gave them a call to see if this was for a bike they actually had. Was told it was sold last Saturday but that they can get another at that price. I then asked if what other charges would be added. There is a dealer fee, he says .... $1,250. Say what? He explained that they list the dealer cost on the web site, and they have to add profit to that. Hmmmm. Can someone say deceptive advertising? What a crock.
This is a post about Hall's Motorsports in Pelham, AL. They do the same thing but I was able to beat them down with a quote from D&H and got them to match the price on a '14. I have found numerous things wrong with the items they prepped during assembly to include finger tightened front pinch bolts. Salespeople knew nothing about the bike or what was supposed to be included. They tried to soak me on the YES warranty for $1200.00. I absolutely will not recommend them or do business with them again.

Businesses seem to have a set price in their mind when selling their goods. My brother in law worked for a company that sold durable goods equipment, when a customer would request a quote on something they would give the customer their price. If the customer complained and said no way, that's not in my budget, can you come down on your price any? His company's salesmen would say sure, we can help you out this time and lower their price with the knowledge that when, not if, the customer came back for parts and service, they would pay full list price without an opportunity for discount.

Last edited by a moderator: