Yamaha sucks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yamaha need to dump that inline 4 and go v4 like Honda and Ducati if they have done all they can with it. They have had plenty of time to try and extract more HP out of that engine. On a brighter note as mentioned Quartararo looks to have a big future in GP and i hope Yamaha are going to sign him before all the other manufacturers try and jump on the band wagon.

Holy cow, what a cracker of a finish to the race this year. I admit I was a bit bored during the mid section of the race but the last few laps were awesome!!!!

It was a great race in Austria for sure.

But it has been a strange year listening to the Yamaha guys - lots of moaning and complaining from Vinales and Rossi, then Quatararo finishes on pole and the podium on a year old satellite bike at multiple events. Maybe the '18 R1 was actually better?

It's primarily a Ducati/Honda duel right now, so it would be great if Yammie and Suzie were to step it up a little
smile.png

KTM and Aprilia are just filling up the grid....

Last edited by a moderator:
"Yamaha sucks!" Yes they do; all season long, they're by far the slowest POS on the track. Even the Suzukis pulled away down the straights! And mm's bike looked to be as fast or faster then the Ducatis? Is the I4 dun? Yamaha wuz build'in v4s back in the early '80s, they should be work'in on that platform.

we'll see what happens when the green flag drops.  Maverick was very fast in qualifying, but couldn't bring it home when it counted. 

This is all encouraging, but testing ain't racing.  On several occasions over the past few years races have taken a pattern in which a rider goes in the lead for most of the race only to lose in the last few laps to Marquez; and so it may go this season.  Only Dovi has proven he can once in a great while out race Marquez in the last laps of a race, but he lacks the consistentcy to be a real threat for a championship.  We can only hope that the championship is decided on the last corner of the last lap of the last race and the Yamahas are in the mix.

I think the first 3 to 4 events will be very interesting:

1)     Can Yamaha (any rider) win a race?   They've been fast, especially MV and FQ, but let's see if they can win.

2)     Can Rins repeat his successes from last year?  (an inline 4 can win! - twice last season, just not our brand)

3)     Is Marquez recovered from his 2nd offseason should surgery in 2 years?

4)     Is the new Honda as bad as all of their riders have been saying?

5)     Does Ducati have anything in the bag?  They've been super quiet this off season - is that because nothing's happening, or that its Marquez vs the Gang of 4 Yamaha's that's dominating all of the gossip?

Can't wait for it to start!

The first race of the 2020 season, the Qatar Grand Prix, is cancelled due to corona virus fears

They just announced that the American round at COTA has been postponed to November :(    I was planning on being in Austin for the race and now that plan has been demolished....