Yes, we are a family!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niehart

Pie Smuggler
Reaction score
Here is a update from Carl. We do make a difference ....

"Well I am still alive. lol My hip is doing well and surpassed my Physical therapists expectations. I have been working my @$$ off in PT about twice a week. I just got to doing PT once a month. But my back has not gotten any better. Still hurts like hell. I am about to go in and they will burn my nerves in my back to get rid of the pain and it will last from 12 to 18 months. First they have to do injections to see if they can find the nerves that cause the pain. Sounds like fun!! I am now getting Unemployment, and let me tell you it sure helps as you all know. I just have to figure out what I can do now as a career. My old sheet metal shop is going to move soon and they are going to hire me for the move to be a consultant to tell them how to properly disassemble and move the machines and then set them back up because I am one of the only people on the west coast that knows all the ins and outs of some of the machines. I am not supposed to do the hard stuff like I used to.

I have been dieing to get back on a bike. The lawyers are still working on the settlement crap and you know that will take forever. Hopefully I will at least come out even. When I get the settlement, one of the first things I am getting is another FJR. Knowing my luck I will get it in the middle of the snowy weather, but you know I will still ride up to see you guys as long as it's not too icy.

Please tell everyone at the Tech Day "Thanks Again!" I will not be able to make it up there for the Tech Day. I was just up there last week end. If it wasn't for you guys and everyone on this forum, I would not own my house anymore. The money that was raised helped pay the extremely high mortgage that I had till they finally lowered my interest to 4.75%. We were literally weeks away from losing the house. This accident and me losing my income helped get that lower interest rate. lol

Again, Thank you everyone for all the help and support!! I have ridden with many Sport bike guys and Harley guys, but the friends that I have from this forum is by far the best group I have ever had the pleasure to ride with and know.

Carl "

Thanks Family!

Dave B

Here is a update from Carl. We do make a difference ....
Thanks for the update, I talked briefly with Carl last October at Maupin but haven't heard how his recovery was progressing. Its too bad he will miss Tech day tomorrow, I was looking forward to seeing him again.

Good news indeed. So glad to hear from Carl and Jonnie with an update on how the recovery and PT is coming.

--G

Great news. Its good to know that one of the nice couples is winning the battle.

Glad your progressing Carl! JUJU sent your way

Thanks for the update Pieman,

106 patron,

Greg "soon to be on an '03" Nolan