YFO 2019 - Sept. 12-14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waited too long. Can't get in at the Motel.
sad.png
At the Settlement?? There are lots of other spaces available afaik - cabins, etc. ;)

sad.png
At the Settlement?? There are lots of other spaces available afaik - cabins, etc.
wink.png
I called them and they only had a Family Suite available for $540 for 3 nights. The cabins were even more. A bit much to pay for over there at the settlement - for a cheapster like me...
There are still tent cabins available which aren't as expensive as the bigger housekeeping cabins... and there is always the covered wagon which is the cheapest option. You can also try the place across the street,Willow Springs Motel, and see if they have availability.
wink.png

EDIT: Just read back and saw you got a room at Willow Springs... yay! I'll leave this info here for anyone else that might be looking. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
sad.png
At the Settlement?? There are lots of other spaces available afaik - cabins, etc.
wink.png
I called them and they only had a Family Suite available for $540 for 3 nights. The cabins were even more. A bit much to pay for over there at the settlement - for a cheapster like me...
The suite has several beds in it so would be much more affordable when sharing with a couple of other riders... ;)

IN!!!

I'll be hitting Reuben Run the weekend prior, so if anyone has suggestions on which roads I should see to fill the days in between, let me know.

Looks like I am late to the game but still interested in attending. Camping or motel is fine with me. What's the latest on availability - I'm not getting much info over the internet.

sad.png
wink.png
Not sure how much room there is but you could share my covered wagon...........Cowboy!

Love to be apart of this. Im just below Twain hart on 108 (western side of the sierras) do I need to contact anyone to be a part of this? New member and thanks.

Love to be apart of this. Im just below Twain hart on 108 (western side of the sierras) do I need to contact anyone to be a part of this? New member and thanks.
Just book a room. FNG's only need to bring a few bottles of wine, whisky and tokillya and everybody will love you.

Okay, I was kidding about the liquor.

Book a room and post up that you did is all you need to do. Be ready to meet some real characters in this group, lucky for me I am not one of those
uhoh.gif

Just book a room. FNG's only need to bring a few bottles of wine, whisky and tokillya and everybody will love you.

Okay, I was kidding about the liquor.

Book a room and post up that you did is all you need to do. Be ready to meet some real characters in this group, lucky for me I am not one of those
uhoh.gif
What Bugger said... call the Settlement and book a room/cabin. Post up here so I can put you on The List. There will be a catered dinner the 2nd night and info on that will be coming as we get closer to the event... welcome!! :D

Looks like I am late to the game but still interested in attending. Camping or motel is fine with me. What's the latest on availability - I'm not getting much info over the internet.
You'll need to call the Settlement directly to see what's available... last I checked in, there were several options available. Might also check to see if anyone here would be interested in sharing a cabin, etc. Maybe not the covered wagon... might be a snug fit in there... ;) :lol:

I did a covered wagon last year, the Queen Bed was fine, they provided linens etc for a small fee, there were plenty of blankets etc.

It was cool at night last year, needed all the blankets they provided.

Bring your own Pee Bottle or be prepared for a early morning walk to the head.

There was 110v in the wagon but the receptacles sucked. hard to charge stuff when things fall out of the sockets.

Stream noises beat listening to Festar snore JSNS

The FastJoyRiders are in! We booked a "sleeper" queen room at the Willow Springs Motel across the street ($95/night). Wanting to continue our long-standing marriage, I was hesitant to book Sylvia into accommodations that are unheated at the Settlement! See y'all in a couple of months.