YFO 2019 - Sept. 12-14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scooter and I will be staying at the Willow Springs motel across the street. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

$44.00 sent for salmon dinner and Saturday Breakfast buffet

Last edited by a moderator:
Like me, Tyler is bad and her inbox is full and she can't receive any more messages. Can somebody point me to the info about dinner?

Like me, Tyler is bad and her inbox is full and she can't receive any more messages. Can somebody point me to the info about dinner?
Post #52 or Taco Bell is down the street.
fuck.gif

I'm back and Greg got a hold of me on FB and will be making an appearance! ;)

It's looking like I will be arriving on Friday instead of Thursday... an impromptu wedding with two very close friends is happening on Thursday afternoon... don't think I can get back over there before dark. 

I'm back and Greg got a hold of me on FB and will be making an appearance! ;)

It's looking like I will be arriving on Friday instead of Thursday... an impromptu wedding with two very close friends is happening on Thursday afternoon... don't think I can get back over there before dark. 
Ok Burleigh! 😄

Just got home from my first weekend in Bridgeport (warming up the roads for y'all) and it was absolutely stellar... weather was perfect, roads were empty, and scenery was stunning... looks like this coming weekend will be the same! Just a few updates...

Sat/Sun breakfasts will be chosen from a select downsized menu. If you've paid me for brekkie, you'll get a ticket to give the server. If you haven't paid me for brekkie, you will need to pay for your meal at that time. They have a small kitchen so if folks can show up in shifts and not all at once, that will be good for everyone involved.The Saturday night dinner will be just our group outside at picnic tables. Just a note: the owners are friends of mine and they do their very best to take care of everyone who stays with them. If there's a bit of a wait for meals, just chill and enjoy the company while you're there. ;)

All of the passes are open. Ebbetts/4 was clear and in very good condition although keep an eye out for the errant rock in the road. Monitor/89 was also in great condition. Sonora/108 has had some road work going on but there was only one place that had controlled traffic and that should be gone before this weekend. The road was in very good condition. As with all mountain passes, be alert for dirt/sand in the corners.

395 has some road work going on and a couple of one-lane controlled traffic sections south of the 108 turnoff. We went through there this morning and it wasn't a long wait at all. Keep an eye out for deer... guess it's migration time in the area.

Y'all are gonna have a great time!! :D

I will be passing thru Bridgeport (around 1pm-ish) on September 12th, on my way to Reno for the Air Races. I hope to have lunch in Big Pine at Copper Top BBQ then head up the hill.

A couple great brew pubs near there. June Lake Brewing @ June Lake and Mountain Rambler in Bishop. Don't drink and ride though.

I'll be sure to wave to all y'all. Ride safe.

Hey all - I'm planning on camping in Tuolumne Meadows campground on Thursday night before heading down to Bridgeport on Friday morning.  I'll probably get there be early/mid afternoon.  If anyone else is planning on being up there on Thursday let me know so I can look out for you. :)

Hey all - I'm planning on camping in Tuolumne Meadows campground on Thursday night before heading down to Bridgeport on Friday morning.  I'll probably get there be early/mid afternoon.  If anyone else is planning on being up there on Thursday let me know so I can look out for you. :)
Russ, we may have a group coming into Yosemite on Friday... plans are still in the works. ;)

If anyone is heading east on 89/Monitor, I would highly suggest heading north past Topaz Lake to 208 and then 338 into Bridgeport. This route will avoid traffic on 395 as well as road work and police presence  plus it's just more fun, imo! ;)

Lodging is located about 5 miles north of the town of Bridgeport so if you want to get any libations, that would be the place to do it. They also have been and wine at the onsite restaurant at the Settlement. :D

Home safe too. Uneventful. Ran 49 at pace ++++, only 3 cars, 0 Leo's. Teehee. No chicken strips. LOL. 

Rolled in mid afternoon. Gramps and Pat really enjoyed when we rode up 4 from Monitor pass and back down to continue home. Good times indeed, thanks Tyler!

Thanks Tyler for a really nice gathering. 

Made it home around 3 this afternoon. Almost made it on a tank of gas, however, that ride to Lee Vining and back the day before stole my range. The only traffic issue was the typical crowd on HWY 108 for the last 15 miles before HWY 99. Welcome back to reality. 

Brodie

😁