YFO 2023 - Gauging interest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make her come over there! And film what happens!

Tyler, echoing the "thank you" here--you've obviously worked your little butt off to make something happen. Where would we be without you? Missed last YFO cuz it was squoze between my extended NAFO ride and the Reuben Run, but I'd REALLY love to make this latest proposal. Yes, Cali has sooo many great roads (just did the Angeles Crest last week for the first time), but my VERY favorite ride starts (or ends) in Ft. Bragg. There to Leggett is unbelievable! I want that to happen in the worst way, and I'll definitely show.

Mikey, I was just up that way last week which made me think of doing the event over there as a different option... done YFO three times and guess it's time for a break from that one and start something new (and more affordable!)... and yes, that stretch between Leggett and Fort Bragg is absolutely divine... :cool:

i-94FmvB3-X3.jpg

i-55wSbLR-X3.jpg

Tyler

Manchester KOA comes to mind. As you well know, they’re right friendly people.

Some of us could bring our camping gear, and others could “Rough It” in one of those KOA Kabins – you know, the ones with the Komfy beds, and full bathrooms with showers.

I hear they still have the nightly Ice Cream social around the campfire.

Brodie
😋🍦

Tyler

Manchester KOA comes to mind. As you well know, they’re right friendly people.

Brodie
😋🍦

Hi Brodie! Thanks for that suggestion but the issue would be doing a group dinner or even any meals as there are no restaurants within walking distance or even close by. Manchester KOA used to do a group dinner for us but stopped doing that a couple of years ago. I think Fort Bragg will have a lot more options for food, gas, etc. And so far, I don't think it will break the bank either. ;)

That's a perfect spot Tyler. ... Shelter Cove, Van Duzen Road, Mad River, Legget, 101 Redwood and the list goes on.... and....walking distance to Denny's, Jenny's Giant Burger and the North Coast Pub from (may I suggest) the Oceanside Inn or Travelodge. I'm IN and Thanks!

Another option, like you need one?? :) We held WeSTOC 19 in Fortuna, CA in 2014. A little south of town there is an exit which has 3 reasonably priced hotels, River Walk RV Park for campers, a gas station, Eel River Brew Pub, a pizza joint and the River Lodge Conference Center which is where we held the banquet. It's 2 miles north of the beginning of Hwy 36. 130+ miles of twisties to Red Bluff. 70 miles north of Leggitt. Lots of good riding to the north too, like the Callahan-Cecilville hwy. It's like a racetrack! :) Many, many more good roads.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there. You can see pics from our event at this link:
http://westoc.org/history/past-events/westoc-19-2014-fortuna-california/

Attachments

• FortunaCA.jpg
    FortunaCA.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 3
I would offer up that a couple of us stayed at the Hearthstone Lodge in Idaho over the weekend and it was a motorcycle paradise. The rooms were wildly underpriced as well. I looked on their website for availability and it looks like either they are 100% booked all of next summer (which seems unlikely) or they just haven't opened up for reservations.

If you want to look into this, I would recommend e-mail over the phone. Visit(at)hearthstonelodge(dot)com is their e-mail addy.