YFO 2023 - Gauging interest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Gauging interest for a YFO gathering in 2023. In the past, we have done this in the fall but, given the fire season out here, I'm thinking of scheduling it for early June which hopefully will allow for the passes to clear and (fingers crossed) no fires to contend with. Depending on interest, I'll start looking around for hotels, etc. probably in the Mariposa area where we did the first YFO or maybe Oakhurst. :cool:

well...if Bob is in then I guess I am too...maybe

Aw, c'mon Joe... you missed last year so you have to come out next year! ;)

For those riders out of state that might be considering a fly & ride, here is an option for bike rentals that tends to be more affordable than going through an outfit like Eagle Rider, etc.:

https://www.riders-share.com/us/

Sorry, just noticed all the recent responses on this topic.

Living way up here in the Great White North, I invest many an hour with Ye Olde GoogleMaps and StreetView to imagine where wanderlust could lead me and my local posse. Just getting down to the Mariposa region is already a 6 day roundtrip for us, so any thoughts to participate are really of the Bucketlist class. ;)

Still, in that east central region of Cali, there does look to be many twisty bits to sample:

1643746818238.png

Just getting down to the Mariposa region is already a 6 day roundtrip for us, so any thoughts to participate are really of the Bucketlist class. ;) Still, in that east central region of Cali, there does look to be many twisty bits to sample:

My friend, there is sooooo much great riding in CA not just the east central region! There are the Sierra passes (108, 4, 120, 49 section called The Little Dragon) which you could easily hit during the YFO gathering. Lots of other really fun roads in the area as well. Then there's NorCal which includes gems like 36, 299, 3, Gazelle-Callahan Rd, not to mention all the fun in the Sierras like 49, Bucks Lake Rd, Quincy-LaPorte Rd, 70 aka Feather River Canyon, etc... and I'll bet, dependent upon his schedule, Doug/bugnatr would guide you around his hood. And then of course, the famed PCH/Hwy 1... tons of other stuff in SoCal too... just depends on how much time you've got to spend, what you want to see, and where you want to go! ;)

Great idea Tyler. I was not able to attend the last soirée in Mariposa even though it’s close to home for me.
Either Mariposa or Oakhurst would offer a host of riding opportunities and lodging/dining options.
Let’s see what develops!
Brian