Yo! Aussie boys!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Hud

Just another blob of protoplasm using up your oxyg
Reaction score
I regularly welcome the FNGs, and -- having fallen behind due to a few personal events -- noticed that two or three newbies signed on from Australia in the past month.

Do you guys even know there are other members from the Land of Oz? Post up; maybe you live closer than you think. (And I've driven from Perth to the Kalgoorlie gold mines, so I have an idea about the size of your island.)

I;m headed to their Island in March, going to take a cruise around the Island with SWMBO, lasts 30 days.

Big FFing Island!

I regularly welcome the FNGs, and -- having fallen behind due to a few personal events -- noticed that two or three newbies signed on from Australia in the past month.
Do you guys even know there are other members from the Land of Oz? Post up; maybe you live closer than you think. (And I've driven from Perth to the Kalgoorlie gold mines, so I have an idea about the size of your island.)
Hi Uncle Hud,

Although there is a fair bit to see between Perth and Kalgoorlie, a trip up the coast would have shown how wonderful our island truly is.

Hi bigjohnsd,

Hope you and the missus enjoy the cruise, March is generally a great time of year. If you get to W.A. (Perth/Fremantle) drop me a line, I would enjoy shouting you a beer.

Best regards

Surly (Steve)

P.S. There is an Australian FJR Forum

I;m headed to their Island in March, going to take a cruise around the Island with SWMBO, lasts 30 days.

Big FFing Island!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi bigjohnsd,

Hope you and the missus enjoy the cruise, March is generally a great time of year. If you get to W.A. (Perth/Fremantle) drop me a line, I would enjoy shouting you a beer.

Best regards

Surly (Steve)

Big FFing Island!
We'll be in Freemantle on Sunday, March 19th. 0700-1700

We have a few members that are both on this forum and on the Aussie forum, I think there is a gent here who isn't down under.

Yes we are a Big FFing Island! lol lol.

We have a few members that are both on this forum and on the Aussie forum, I think there is a gent here who isn't down under.
Calling Auz an island is like calling lake Superior a pond !

Rode the Great Ocean Road a few years back and can't wait to get back and explore some more.

Fantastic ...island...
smile.png

Calling Auz an island is like calling lake Superior a pond !

Rode the Great Ocean Road a few years back and can't wait to get back and explore some more.

Fantastic ...island...
smile.png
Australia is the 2nd largest island in the world

If you were asked what is the largest island in the world, what would you say? Australia maybe? Greenland is the worlds largest island. While Australia is an island, it is considered a continent

Surly posted: <snip> Hi Uncle Hud, Although there is a fair bit to see between Perth and Kalgoorlie, a trip up the coast would have shown how wonderful our island truly is.
Best regards

Surly (Steve)

I was but a drunken submarine sailor, in the hands of some wonderful hosts that insisted we see gold mines.

Rode the train between Perth and Garden Island Naval Base several times that week. Saw an Aussie Rules match, and marched in Perth's 1981 ANZAC Day parade, too. Good memories!

I am envious, bigjohnsd; y'all have a great ride!

Last edited by a moderator:
The aircraft carrier I was on pulled into Fremantle/Perth for a weeks R&R. I thought I died and went to heaven. I thought about living there after I got out of the Navy. Then reality and life took over and shot that fantastic plan all to hell. :no:

Haha, Kals just around the corner from Perth. In fact that was my first ride, picked my new old bike up in Kal, back to Perth, then home 13 hours north the next time I got back from working in said mines.