Your wife says you snore

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Cpap is a solution but not necessarily an option, no sleep apnea just snoring is my or rather my wife's problem. Sleep studies completed and surgery is an option BUT, is there a device that works for you?

PureSleep, Snore Solution, ZQuiet.... what have you tried what have you found that works?

Thanks <_<
I was diagnosed with apnea several months ago and spent a night last week in the hospital hooked up to a machine. The neurologist explained to me apnea can be caused by several different things and snoring is not necessarily a sign or symptom of apnea. Turns out my sleep disorder is caused by restless leg syndrome, but I also have a sporadic snoring issue as well. Without a doubt though, every doctor i've spoken with stated that snoring is almost exclusively linked to weight and weight loss is the best cure. But this doesn't apply at equal levels to everyone it doesn't necessarily mean you are overweight if you snore.

I've done a lot of thorough research and asked a lot of people about CPAP, surgery and the jaw apparatus. All have about a 33% success rate. The CPAP machine fails only because people typically stop using it. I found the machine to be excellent even though it woke me many time in the night when the seal broke and the sound of air was enough to wake me. But, when I was asleep, I was in a deep sleep. I'm always on the road though and I found hauling it around to be limiting. Someone mentioned to me about using a humidifier in place of a CPAP and to my surprise it worked amazingly! It's not foolproof but it makes a difference.

I don't have a CPAP machine anymore (I rented a few) and my apnea is under control. I found that no alcohol within a couple of hours of sleep and a cool, humid room to be more than enough to eliminate my snoring.

A machine though i think is the best alternative if you stick with it. By far, the best machine I used was an auto CPAP, ResMed S9 Elite with Humidifier. The clinic that rented me one wanted $2700. I found them on-line for $600. Good luck.

I tried the PureSleep but within a month the hinges of my jaw hurt so bad I could not take it any more. I kept a headache for almost a week after I quit using it. Now she just sleeps on the couch. I like that better anyway, a big woman like that takes up waaay to much room in the bed.
it's not that extreme at our house. my wife snores. sleep apnea diagnosed. we paid for the cpap machine (and she insisted on extra masks, etc.). she tried it all of 1 time and hasn't used it since. with the kids out of the house, we have 4 bedrooms. 1 for the computer, 1 for "stuff", 1 for her, and 1 for me so i can quit wearing ear plugs to bed.

with her chronic allergies, unhealthy diet, refusal to see Dr's when ill, and so forth, i have simply asked her not to linger when she croaks.
have a good insurance policy on her too? ;)

I didn't realize that there're so many fat-grumpy-old-men not sleeping with their wives' on this forum. :blink:

You all sound like you should be riding Harleys or Goldwings instead of FJR's.
Dammit! Is that the requirement? Your wife has to be attractive and your marriage happy if you ride an FJR? If you or your spouse is ugly you need a GoldWing or a Harley? I never read that in the fine print! Now I gotta buy a damn GoldWing...

Seriously, I tried the Breathe Rite strips before and they did not help me. I always snored, even in junior high through my college years BEFORE I got fat. Losing or gaining weight did not affect the snoring.

I tried to convince my wife (BigUn) that I was just purring because I was so content and happy with her. If the cat purrs it means it's happy right? I'm just happy. She did not buy into that.

I use Breathe Rite strips and they work great. At least that is what my wife says.

It's true! You ball them up and jam 'em in her ears.

If you or your spouse is ugly you need a GoldWing or a Harley? I never read that in the fine print! Now I gotta buy a damn GoldWing...
So which is it? You, or your wife? (Think before answering.)

If you or your spouse is ugly you need a GoldWing or a Harley? I never read that in the fine print! Now I gotta buy a damn GoldWing...
So which is it? You, or your wife? (Think before answering.)
Let's just say I am double qualified for the GoldWing. If I were better looking I would not be married to BigUn! Of course, she was not always so large. I married a shark. Now I have a Killer Whale.

Her name is "Goldwing Davidson"

fat-chick.jpg

So..... Is it a general consensus here that the Booty is more of a pain in the ass than its worth?! :unsure:

Please post your opinions. We need to get this out in the open! :lol:

A Cpap is a solution but not necessarily an option, no sleep apnea just snoring is my or rather my wife's problem. Sleep studies completed and surgery is an option BUT, is there a device that works for you?

PureSleep, Snore Solution, ZQuiet.... what have you tried what have you found that works?

Thanks <_<
I was diagnosed with apnea several months ago and spent a night last week in the hospital hooked up to a machine. The neurologist explained to me apnea can be caused by several different things and snoring is not necessarily a sign or symptom of apnea. Turns out my sleep disorder is caused by restless leg syndrome, but I also have a sporadic snoring issue as well. Without a doubt though, every doctor i've spoken with stated that snoring is almost exclusively linked to weight and weight loss is the best cure. But this doesn't apply at equal levels to everyone it doesn't necessarily mean you are overweight if you snore.

I've done a lot of thorough research and asked a lot of people about CPAP, surgery and the jaw apparatus. All have about a 33% success rate. The CPAP machine fails only because people typically stop using it. I found the machine to be excellent even though it woke me many time in the night when the seal broke and the sound of air was enough to wake me. But, when I was asleep, I was in a deep sleep. I'm always on the road though and I found hauling it around to be limiting. Someone mentioned to me about using a humidifier in place of a CPAP and to my surprise it worked amazingly! It's not foolproof but it makes a difference.

I don't have a CPAP machine anymore (I rented a few) and my apnea is under control. I found that no alcohol within a couple of hours of sleep and a cool, humid room to be more than enough to eliminate my snoring.

A machine though i think is the best alternative if you stick with it. By far, the best machine I used was an auto CPAP, ResMed S9 Elite with Humidifier. The clinic that rented me one wanted $2700. I found them on-line for $600. Good luck.
hey, there is some intelligent life out there :D

I did the sleep study and considering that most everyone has some sleep apena mine was mild and the Doc didn't recommend a CPAP just to end the snoring. His advice was to try the PureSleep product or he could do the trimming on my long uvula with laser surgery. He was holding back on that saying the procedure was painful.....?

I've had back problems so I'm tolerant of pain and was actually considering this option since Insurance. will cover the cost of surgery and not the online products such as PureSleep.

Now, IF I read some raving reviews about something besides separate beds and losing weight (which BTW is not an issue with me) like a product that someone stuck with ....and worked, I might give it a try.

You mentioned a humidifier, that sounds like a good option. Thanks

with her chronic allergies, unhealthy diet, refusal to see Dr's when ill, and so forth, i have simply asked her not to linger when she croaks.
have a good insurance policy on her too? ;)
good health insurance. term life. since i'm about to retire, i'll go to bed earlier and sleep later. problem solved!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks <_<
<snip>
hey, there is some intelligent life out there :D

I did the sleep study and considering that most everyone has some sleep apena mine was mild and the Doc didn't recommend a CPAP just to end the snoring. His advice was to try the PureSleep product or he could do the trimming on my long uvula with laser surgery. He was holding back on that saying the procedure was painful.....?

I've had back problems so I'm tolerant of pain and was actually considering this option since Insurance. will cover the cost of surgery and not the online products such as PureSleep.

Now, IF I read some raving reviews about something besides separate beds and losing weight (which BTW is not an issue with me) like a product that someone stuck with ....and worked, I might give it a try.

You mentioned a humidifier, that sounds like a good option. Thanks
Good to know it's appreciated. DO try the humidifier first; it's such an easy and inexpensive option. I too relate to the uvula trimming advice. 'Spoke to more than one person who blatantly said 'Don't do it!"

The snoring? Who knows? Guess this might explain why I am sleeping alone at NAFO :p

I went through a sleep study about 8 or 9 years ago. No sleep apnea, but I was waking myself every 45 seconds, and snoring loudly. I'm not overweight, so that eliminated one possibility. I was told that I have extra flesh/larger than normal uvula, and that surgery was an option.

You know how a doctor will tell you "You may experience a little discomfort", and then he does whatever procedure/torture it is, and it hurts like hell? Well, this surgeon (department head at the Mayo Clinic) tells me that the throat surgery will be followed by a week to ten days of excruciating pain (his exact words). No thanks.

Result.....separate bedrooms, and better sleep for both of us. She knows where I sleep, and I know where she sleeps, so conjugal visits are not an issue. (Just wish they were a little more frequent.....but then, don't we all?)

So..... Is it a general consensus here that the Booty is more of a pain in the ass than its worth?! :unsure:

Please post your opinions. We need to get this out in the open! :lol:
Hola majicmaker, I am with you on the silliness of this damn thread! $600 to $2,700 for machines so that you do not snore? Es muy Estupido ese! Especially when you can go to Managua, Nicaragua and get a muy Bonita Senorita for only a thousand pesos; and her sister for only 500 pesos more! Ai Caramba ese, Que Lastima Hombre!

p79334-1.jpg

Since everyone has been waiting on pins and needles here's an update; :glare:

My Dentist offered a solution similar to the PureSleep called a Snore-Guard, it's just custom made to my teeth and adjustable. INS also covered the expense. :)

Seems to be working and I do feel more rested.

Wife kinda frowned on the Humidifier. :huh: