• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Zerk Fitting mod- Relay arm

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJReady

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
For Sale:  two FJR1300A relay Arms with grease fittings installed for the pivot (frame mount location) and dog bone bearings. This allows the servicing of the relay arm without having to remove it from your bike.

The two units shown here have slightly different pedigrees.  The 'pants' unit came to me with bearings and seals in pretty good shape.  So it got the 'zerk' mod and some fresh collars (shock one is on back order, expect it next week)  The 'JD' unit arrived with trashed bearings and seals.  It got new bearings, seals and collars in addition to the 'zerk' mod.  It is functionally a new relay arm assembly.

They are both packed with Lucas 'tacky red' lithium grease.

WQUBmDR.jpg

Pricing:  I'm asking $240 plus shipping for the JD unit and $190 plus shipping for the 'pants' unit.

PM me with any questions or additional photo requests.

Russ

More photos and discussion here too:

https://www.fjrforum.com/topic/176789-relay-arm-bearing-time/

Pull that sucker off your ES and send it to me for a week., you got other bikes to ride.   I'll send it back with grease fittings and free boogers.
what do you charge to do this upgrade??

have one on the bench but haven't tackled it yet.

and curious what steps you take with the internals?

very interested!

I charge $125 for the modification.  Assuming the bearings, seals and collars come to me in usable condition.  Often, I replace the collars as they seem to wear.

PM me an email address and I can send photos of the reworking of the internals.   Or you can search for several earlier posts of mine with detailed descriptions and photos.

I finished modifying another A model relay arm this week.  It will be available for purchase around 2/5/2020.  I am waiting for new collar and seals for the pivot mount.   I already put new collars in the dogbone mounting and shock mounting positions.  It will look a lot like the two arms back at the beginning of this thread.

Price is $190 plus shipping.

I'll post a pic when it's done.

I know on past years this part was poorly lubricated from the factory.  Have they gotten better on the new bikes (ie 2018 and up)?