• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

zumo 550 with lifetime maps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becoyote

Reaction score
sold

Zumo 550 with lifetime maps

16 gig card with WV and Va 24k topo

car mount, bike mount, and some custom covers

The digitizer was replaced over the winter, very small tear in rubber on power button.

$215 shipped conus via friends and family.

Last edited by a moderator:
20160719_153847-M.jpg

20160719_153835-M.jpg

Yeah, but you don't want to leave it like that if you ride in the rain or "bad things" will happen. After reading about it online somewhere, I sealed mine from the inside with some black RTV silicone sealant. Works great, lasts a long time.

This is a great deal on the best Moto GPS out there.

Yeah, but you don't want to leave it like that if you ride in the rain or "bad things" will happen. After reading about it online somewhere, I sealed mine from the inside with some black RTV silicone sealant. Works great, lasts a long time.
This is a great deal on the best Moto GPS out there.
Yep, It should be addressed but it is very minor. I didn't even know about it till I cleaned it up to take pics.

I doubt rain would be an issue at this point but a dunk in pool definitely would be a bad idea.

20160719_175017-M.jpg

I thought the 550 was not supported not Basecamp supported. Which maps are in the Lifetime upgrades?

I think I did the map upgrades through Garmin express., the North America maps are the LM.

I have used this unit with basecamp quite a bit transferring routes wappoints and the topo maps.

Might want to check to verify though.

I thought the 550 was not supported not Basecamp supported. Which maps are in the Lifetime upgrades?
To answer the questions: Garmin has said they no longer "support" the zumo 550. But basecamp works fine with it, as does mapsource still (which is also "unsupported"), and the current North America maps work fine. The entire mapset will not fit on the device. You just have to either split the load, or put the maps on an SD card which is what I've been doing for a long time. I have lifetime maps on both of mine, the entire US plus Northeast Topos, as well as 1000 mp3 songs, all on 8GB.SD cards.

To answer the questions: Garmin has said they no longer "support" the zumo 550. But basecamp works fine with it, as does mapsource still (which is also "unsupported"), and the current North America maps work fine. The entire mapset will not fit on the device. You just have to either split the load, or put the maps on an SD card which is what I've been doing for a long time. I have lifetime maps on both of mine, the entire US plus Northeast Topos, as well as 1000 mp3 songs, all on 8GB.SD cards.
Can confirm. I have this model and lifetime maps. Download with Garmin express, put maps on the device with MapInstall. Just point it at the SD card.

Thank you Fred and twisted cricket. Still using mine but have not updated maps due to "Garmin non support". Good info for us electro dummies.