ZX14 owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rider Magazine just did a feature on this bike, wow! 190 HP at the rear wheel!

Last line was they asked if it was going to make it's way to the Connie. They said the Reps just smiled and said nothing.

Same mag the retro was on a FJ1200, pretty cool read to!

Ok, my 2012 ZX-14 has the Corbin seat finished. Just saw it on the Corbin website. I know it's my bike because if you look closely there is a #46 key chain in the seat release in one of the photos. They did a great job! Side cases to come. Was hoping it would be ready for the TLAE BBG, but very unlikely.

https://www.corbin.com/kawasaki/kzx1412cds.shtml

Ok, my 2012 ZX-14 has the Corbin seat finished. Just saw it on the Corbin website. I know it's my bike because if you look closely there is a #46 key chain in the seat release in one of the photos. They did a great job! Side cases to come. Was hoping it would be ready for the TLAE BBG, but very unlikely.

https://www.corbin.co...zx1412cds.shtml
Sweet! Photo assist: Looks like you scored big.

kzx1412cds_3t.jpg

kzx1412cds_2t.jpg

kzx1412cds_4t.jpg

kzx1412cds_5t.jpg

kzx1412cds_10.jpg

Just wanted to chine in here, my 2008 ZX-14 was my sport-touring ride before the FJR, and still does a lot of my solo trips for me. Here's a few pics of the bike, both empty and loaded for a 700 mile one way trip to Holden Beach and back.

Mods are bar risers and a stock Concours seat. They share the same seat pan, just have to switch out the brackets. 4 Bolts, one wrench, 5 minutes. The soft luggage works OK, but it sags a bit and tries to hit the exhaust. It works great when fully loaded and the top bag is on, but you have to really watch it when it's empty.

The bike itself is great for long hauls. It's hot in traffic, even compared to the FJR. Handling and power is better, not quite as comfortable, and not nearly the wind/weather protection. I try to stay off the highway for long periods, my head is right in the buffeting zone since I did the seat and risers. Next mod will be a bigger windscreen I think, but I'm not in a hurry for it.

My girlfriend is pretty comfy on the back with the new seat, but I don't take her on long rides much. Without having a backrest she has to lean foreword to hold on, which hurts her back some, and my shoulders from holding her up while braking.

On the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia

IMAG0613.jpg

Tent set-up, ready to relax a bit and call it a night.

IMAG0608.jpg

Sand road in North Carolina. Great fun riding through sand with PR2's.

IMAG0599.jpg

Somewhere in West Virgina

IMAG0576.jpg

In front of the garage right after installing the seat

IMAG0545.jpg

When I hear of "some" (very few, but some) current FJR owners complaining about the lack of sport in the FJR I always wonder why more don't get a bike like the ZX-14 or a Busa and use a tank bag & saddlebags like this. To me if your a real adrenaline junkie and want pure power/handling excitement...but you want to carry some of your chit with you...then this would be the way to go.

If you put tank & saddlebags on "any" bike does it not in a way become a "touring" bike to some degree? ;)