Passing of Ron Melton

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Airborne06

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you all know that Ron Melton, a member of this board, died yesterday (11 July) after being struck by a car. Ron was a great guy, and recently posted his pics and story regarding his trip to Alaska last month. Ron was active here and on the GL1800 board where I learned of his death. A true Southern gentleman, Ron will be missed.

Just thought I'd let you all know that Ron Melton, a member of this board, died yesterday (11 July) after being struck by a car. Ron was a great guy, and recently posted his pics and story regarding his trip to Alaska last month. Ron was active here and on the GL1800 board where I learned of his death. A true Southern gentleman, Ron will be missed.
Terrible, tragic news, Airborne! :(

RIP, Ron.....

It saddens my heart to hear such terrible news. It always hurts to lose a brother. My thoughts will be with his family.

Terrible, tragic news. Our prayers are with his family...

This post is from Ron's oldest son Charlie.

My father loved you guys and always talked about his buddies on the message board and all the people he met with on his travels.

He died yesterday, July 11, 2006, in a freak railroad accident. He worked for the railroad in Memphis and was unknowingly hit by a car and died at the railroad before they could get him to the Med.

Your prayers and thoughts are appreciated.

The one thing my Father wanted for his life and for yours is that he could be a witness for Jesus Christ, his Lord and Savior.

God Bless you all for what you have meant to him.

Sincerely,

Charlie Melton

Please note that it appears Ron was hit by a train car at work, rather than a car/motorcycle accident.

RIP Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
This is terrible news!

I know a few people who work for BNSF and i hear the horror stories of that job...

God bless you Ron and may you rest in peace...

For those who didn't know him, a picture of Ron and his bike from an earlier thread...

P51200147x5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. So young. RIP Ron and thanks for the privilege of your presence here. Condolences to his family and friends...

That's terrible news. Ron seemed like a great guy and was very accomodating when I asked him for details of his trip to Alaska.............R.I.P. Ron

Charlie and family,

Sincerely sorry to hear of the passing of your father.....

I have a brother who works for Amtrak and is often put into dangerous situations that he has no control over and I worry about him often. Time to give him a call and catch up.

May he rest in peace....

Charlie,

Thanks for letting us know a little more about Ron. You should know that Ron seemed like a neat person and was well liked by many of us. I would have liked to have met him.

My condolences to you and yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.