Sad News About Big Sky

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterodactyl

Reaction score
Got this today from the head of our local club. Cole is Big Sky on our of forum.

Bad news this morning in the Helena Paper that Cole Boehler is the man that disappeared last Saturday while camping with family along the Jefferson River north of Twin Bridges. Cole is the editor of Motorcycling Montana and Northern Rockies Rider and has spoke at three of our LCRMC club meetings and participated in the club rally. Following are excerpts from the press release.

Authorities say the search for a missing Butte man has transitioned from a search and rescue mission to one of recovery. "Cole Boehler, 60, was last seen early Saturday morning while camping with family members on property adjacent to the Jefferson River about 6 miles north of Twin Bridges, Madison County Sheriff Roger Thompson said."
Thompson said there was no sign of foul play at the campsite and no evidence indicating Boehler was depressed or that a wild animal had been at the site. He had no known medical issues. County law enforcement and search and rescue personnel refocused their search Tuesday on the surrounding area as well as downstream from the campsite to the bridge in Waterloo.

We're gearing this right now toward more of a recovery, the sheriff said, noting the stress and the unknowns on Boehlers family.
The search will resume Wednesday morning.

-------

Updated information about Cole's passing here.

av-3460.jpg
Cole Boehler
"Big Sky"
Rest In Peace​

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoughts and prayers with him and his family.

Please keep us posted.

GOD DAMN IT! I communicated many times with him in PMs about Montana and purchased his book. I was looking forward to meeting him sometime soon.

I hope there is good news.

Wow...this is so sad.
sad.png

Although I didn't know Cole, he sent me a PM with various offers of assistance up to and including let me use his motorcycle for our upcoming FJR trip in BC. Although I didn't take him up on his more than generous offer, his offer told me a lot of what kind of man he is. I have a copy of a magazine he sent with lots of information on BC roads.

REALLY sorry to hear about this!

https://mtstandard.com/news/local/missing-butte-man-identified-search-continues-in-madison-county/article_e57a6588-5d16-5147-824b-c84e94c170be.html

Wow, unbelievable. He seemed a guy that was living life to the fullest. Hopes and prayers for him and his family.

One of many on this forum I looked forward to meeting. I'll keep hoping.

Wow. Sending good thoughts that way! Hopes and prayers for him and his family also!

Sorry to read this. Hope the outcome is better than it appears. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

One heck of a nice guy, he had been PMing me assistance in January. Very down to earth. I too hope that there is good news...

It seems many of us have communicated with Cole Boehler at one time or another. He actually set me up with a subscription to his newsletter. Prayers for him and his wife, Marilyn that this turns out better than it sounds.

4eed519f58a38.image.jpg

Sad news. Sad news indeed. Thanks for the photo, TomInPA.

Hoping for the best also, did an impromptu ride with him and his wife dropping into Butte on evening when I was headed home from a trip. He's the source of MT riding info. Hoping things aren't as bad as the report indicates....

GOD DAMN IT! I communicated many times with him in PMs about Montana and purchased his book. I was looking forward to meeting him sometime soon.
I hope there is good news.
I too had several conversations with him about all kinds of topics... I really liked him from those chats and was also looking forward to meeting him this year in person. Fingers, toes, legs crossed that he turns up above ground and breathing.

Status
Not open for further replies.