Turbo Dave Hicks- Passing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

owsley

Trailer Park Assistant Supervisor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
6010_condor_field%20001.jpg
Dave Hicks
1941-2017

It was announced on FB that Turbo Dave Hicks passed away on the 11th of August 2017. There is a Go Fund Me page set up to help with funeral expenses. His Forum name is turbodave_98. I did not know the man personally, but I did see him in the movie Hard Miles 2 about the 2009 IBR in which he rode. I know he rode a 2006AE.

https://www.gofundme.com/turbo-dave-hicks-funeral-expenses

This post was started so that The Admins could move it over to the appropriate Forum area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Horrible news. Dave was a one of a kind and I enjoyed his company on many occasions. RIP.

Ride on Turbo Dave.

We all get 1 RIDE on this planet.
smile.png

I'm going riding on Sunday. I'll think of Dave Hope he's around somewhere.

God's speed Turbo. Never forget bumping into to him at Stovepipe Wells in Death Valley a year after WFO in Bellingham, Wa. We had a great visit that day. One of the really, really good guys.

FJR rider Turbo Dave Hicks' Funeral is August 21 @ 900 at Forest Lawn, West Covina, CA then burial at Riverside National Cemetery afterwards.

I remember sitting on those same steps in Park City talking with Dave. What a great guy and he will be missed a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.