• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Relay Arm w/Zerk grease fittings

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJReady

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
cCjRAgi.jpg

vlhtA7O.jpg

Fits 'A' model FJR, all years.

Rebuilt with internal passages to allow lube service without removing the relay arm from the bike.  Covered many times on the forum.

This one is waiting for a new pivot collar and seals.  The other two collars have also be replaced. (originals shown)

$190 plus shipping.   It should be ready to go in a week or so when I get the new parts.

PM with questions or additional photo requests.

0SDXxxu.jpg
nG20fR6.jpg

OK,

The new pivot collar and seals are installed.  All bearings packed with fresh grease.  Now ready for shipment.

PM with any questions or additional photo requests and installation information.

Thanks

Russ

Just wondering, the zerk in the middle does it grease the middle and the bearing to the left and the zerk on the right I guess that is a hollow shaft that leads to the other bearing. I am referring to the picture on the left.  Thanks

Jerry,

Referring to the photo on the left:  The left zerk feeds the passage way that the dog bone bearing collar goes through.   That zerk allows you to pack both of the dog bone bearings with grease without removing the collar.  The right zerk connects to the passageway that I add to the relay arm that allows you to fill the (front) pivot bearing without having to remove it from the motorcycle.  The rear collar(and bearing) are serviced like before; remove the shock attachment bolt and side out the collar.

The beauty of this mod is that once installed you don't have to take the pivot arm assembly off the bike to service all 4 of its bearings.   I lube mine every year now whether they need it or not because its only a 15 minute job now.  With bike on the centerstand.

Do you want more photos?  PM me an email address.

Russ

Russ,thanks for the info.  Great job you are doing and I was wondering how it worked.  I don't need more pictures, just waiting on my income tax to come in to see how to spend it  LOL

My only concern is getting that damn bolt out that sounds like a PITA to do but worth it in the end.

Thanks

Getting the bolt out isn't too bad, it just takes time.  and a little cussing.

You the same COGnosicator that used to (maybe still) hang around the Concours Owners Group forum?   I used to years ago when I rode Connies.

There are alot of former Connie owners here.   I had only 3 of them:  88, 98(my favorite) & 99.   Thought is was a great bike until Ionbeam let me ride his 04 FJR.   I new I'd soon be parting ways with the Concours.  That was 2004.  There been a FJR in the stable ever since.

FYI  I have another one, "A" model available  (3-1-2021)     It has a new collar and seals at the pivot location.  All the original bearings and collars were in good shape on this low mileage piece.  $180 plus shipping.  PM for more info or photo requests.