dash decal bubbled mileage reprogramming needed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRME

Reaction score
The cluster decals for tach and speedo on my '05 started bubbling at the mounting screws under the glass. My YES bought me a new one. The dealer has had my bike for four days to replace it. I call today to see if it's done. They say yes, the cluster is installed, but the mileage zeroed and they don't know how to program it into the new cluster. They also said they didn't "have time" today to call Yamaha tech to find out how. "Maybe tomorrow". #$%^%$#!!! I went and picked up the bike, so at least I could ride it. With the holidays, it might have been there another week. I thought mileage, CO, and other settings were stored in the ECU. Any idea how to retrieve and reprogram my cluster? I tried Yamaha customer service, but they said I have to go through my dealer. I understand the issue with tampering with mileage, but you would think a "5 star" Yammie dealer would know how, or at least have the motivation to find out. My repair order is still open. They said they will try to get the info by the first of the week. I will have to take it back. This may be last the last time for these guys. My last experience with them was getting a tire mounted, then finding out their balancer is broken. You would think they could have told me that before they mounted it.

Any help is appreciated. I posted on the other forum also, so sorry for the duplication.

Bob

Mileage memory is contained in the cluster. When the bum readout for instantaneous mileage came up with early 06's, many owners had hart burn when the clusters were replaced and mileage started again at zero. The dealers installed a tag in the glove box and last page of owners manual with the correct mileage.

There is a thread here somewhere with the name of a speedo shop that can spin the mileage up on the new cluster. I haven't found that thread yet. Maybe someone else will remember it and chime in... Good Luck.

--G

Thanks G. You would think there would be a better way, but oh well... It makes me glad I picked up the bike. To wait several more days to have a decal installed would probably piss me off.

I found the link to the old post with the speedo shop. I don't think I will go that route. To pull it out again, just to spend $100. Now the Healer.... I might do anyway. thanks again.