KCFJR Passes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear this Smitty.

Prayers for all his family and close friends.

And a reminder to all, get regular medical check ups and stay healthy.

RIP Chester - only met you once but you were a gentleman as well as a gentle man...

I appreciate the phone call tonight from Smitty, or I would have missed this thread--

More recent photo from the H-400 last year. Chester was always a pleasure to cross paths with or get an unexpected phone call from. He enjoyed life and was always on the move. Regret I didn't get to go fishing with him-- I think he knew some great places.

Here is a picture of two of my favorite people. This was at EOM at Lewisburg W.V. in 2007. STLFJR (Steve) was kind enough to send me this picture.

Chester Me Peter

viewattachment49_zpsff78098d.jpg

So sorry to hear about the loss. Sounds like a great guy. Prayers and well wishes to you and his family during this time.

Damn it... Chester was one of the fisrt FJR friends I made. I'll miss you, friend.

There is a more detailed Obituary posted now in the Kansas City paper at https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kansascity/obituary.aspx?pid=173159277

Smitty and I will be driving over to KC on Sunday for the visitation. I believe Petey is going to join us there as well. We will be sure to extend our condolences to Chester's family from everyone here at the forum. It will be nice for them to know that Chester had so many friends in the motorcycling community that will miss him.

I had talked to Chester this past summer, as he and I were going to meet up at EAA Airventure in Oshkosh back in July. Unfortunately, as sometimes happens with Chester balancing his accounting practice with his adventures, he got held up and had to postpone, so we missed each other. I really regret that I did not get to see him then.

Chester, you were a good man and you will be missed. May God rest your soul my friend.
rip_1.gif

Thanks Steve for posting that obituary. It's good of you guys to head over to the funeral. Chester was one of the good guys...

If I remember correctly, Chester was in the Air Force, and I think/not entirely sure/ that he worked with the Missile Forces in some capacity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Steve for posting that obituary. It's good of you guys to head over to the funeral. Chester was one of the good guys...I remember correctly, Chester was in the Air Force, and I think/not entirely sure/ that he worked with the Missile Forces in some capacity.
You are correct Wheatie, Chester did serve in the US Air Force.

Smitty

Sounds like someone I would've liked to have met this go around... sending warmest thoughts and condolences to those who did know him and hope that you continue to carry him with you in your hearts and spirits.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only had the pleasure of meeting Chester just the one weekend at the Hooterville ride '11. Seemed like the kind of guy I would have liked to have known better.

R.I.P. Chester

Sorry to read the sad news. Always tough to lose a good friend but thanks for letting us see one of the good guys in your pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.