• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Piggyback connector for dual horn replacement: free

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deagle

Reaction score
A year ago I did the PIAA dual horn replacement of the stock horn. To do that I needed that special piggyback connector for wiring to the 2nd horn. I went to two electrical shops with no luck. Finally found one on the Radio Shack website and ordered a variety pack of connectors that had one in it.

Walked out of my gym last week and saw the local Radio Shack having a going out of business sale. I went in and after digging found some more of those connector variety bags at 70% off.

Bottom line: If you are thinking of making the change to the louder two horn design, PM me and I'll send you one of these connectors for free. Finding the connector was the hardest part of the job. The rest was easy. If I can do that mod, anybody can.

Don.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how many are in a package, but I will start sending them out in the order I received the PM's until they are gone. I'll post here as I send them so you can expect them.

Don.

deagle,

Do you have the Radio Shack part number to share?

Thanks,

NBB

The Radio Shack Part Number is 6403064 "Crimp-on Quick Disconnects". "Single Female to dual-male".

I will take these to the post office at lunchtime today. May need extra postage as these don't make for a flat envelope and I want to make sure they get out ok so I'll talk to a real person.

These vary by configuration in the variety bag, but all are single female to dual male. Just some are at a right angle, some are side by side, etc. I see that I used a different one than Uncle Hud and they both work fine. Whichever one you get will be as they came out of the package.

I have received PM and addresses from the following that will go out today:

Hertz

Niehart

Jbjamn

Cota95

Rodger Dodger

Blassoff

Gnirtsnod

Also, if anyone has a link to how to do this, please link up. I had a really good picture by picture thread that someone posted that I can't find. "Two Wheel Obsession" also has a youtube video on how to install on a Gen III. I used the PIAA 85114 Slim Line horns (two horns) from Amazon for under $60.

Good luck everybody. It's a fantastic upgrade that I waited way too long to do.

Don

(Deagle)

Edited to add: This connector allows for a single wire to plug between the two horns, so you don't have to do the split end like in Two Wheel Obsession. You do have to put the correct connector on the wire on each end to plug the two horns together. And stupid me, I was thinking these only took one connector, but obviously you'll need two. Redoing envelopes and putting two connectors in each. People above will get them but I am now out.

Last edited by a moderator: