Tech Day VII

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerGeek99

Yeah, it's a concrete corn cob. So?
Reaction score
The what: FJR Tech Day VII.

The where: BustanutJoker's place, Owosso, MI.

The when: The weekend of October 5, 2013.

The why: It'll be aboot time for a valve check on my bike, amongst other things.

So come one, come all. If your bike could use some wrenching and you could use assistance, post up here so we can try to plan what all everyone needs. Or, if you're a good wrench and are willing to help those of us who are not good wrenches, c'mon out / up / over / down.

Not sure what I need to have done, but I could be in for this. By the numbers, I think I'm due for a valve check as well, but I think one of those for the weekend is likely enough! Perhaps I need to shop for some new farkle I "need" so that I'll have something to install...

Bah! Wife's birthday is the 5th. Don't think I can justify leaving her with the kid, riding across the state, to meet up with the some forum guys on her birthday, which is a weekend she actually has off.

But stranger things have happened, I'll keep it on my radar. Seeing how Andy picked the date, the weather is likely to suck anyway.

I need to pull the airbox to get at the throttle bodies and fix the return throttle cable that came off. I also still have an oil leak that is coming off the valve cover gasket by the look of things but that is going to have to be fixed before EOM.

Maybe it's time to get rid of that POS FJR and get that 990 KTM that I want.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would definitely be interested. I believe I have a vacuum leak or spark wire issue, not sure which but my '08 is running like crap. Might be time for a valve adjustment but most certainly a TBS. if time allows, maybe some help installing the MC Cruise I feel inadequate to install.

If you don't mind a few hops & barley in that garage then I'm in.

We could probably do two if we synchronize our efforts Mike.
Mine three. Remember, bike has to be cold........ Mike, you riding in and staying overnight? Is your CCT good?
I figure on coming in Friday evening, either riding it or trailering it, so either way it will be cold Saturday morning. Still gotta verify the logistics, but I really want to make this trip. I missed the spring tech day and I don't really want to miss this one. After all, who knows what furniture will attack this time!

Damn!

I'll be a week late, I'll be coming home on the 12th. Well I guess I can still drop by and check out the damage and catch up on some good stories.

We'll have to take a poll on the hops & barley.....
If you bring Coors Light your bike will be relegated outside to the end of the driveway and we will make fun of you and hurt your feelings.

I just got finished modifying my POS No-Mar tire changer bar and have installed the RaYzerman approved mounting fitting. This better be an improvement or Ray is going to look awfully funny sitting like a tripod with the bar sticking out of his butt.

Last edited by a moderator:
But stranger things have happened, I'll keep it on my radar. Seeing how Andy picked the date, the weather is likely to suck anyway.
What, you didn't enjoy the snow earlier this year?
cold.gif