Fuel Tank/TB Sync

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rddiehl

Reaction score
Did a search with out any definite answer. Was going to do a carb sync and I stared to take the fuel tank off. Took off the trim piece and the two bolts up top and the heat shield, but mine did not seem to go as high as the on in the photo on FJRTECH. Question, do I need to remove the rear bolt (long on with the nut) on the tank and then prop it up? Also cylinder two looks like a PITA to get at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try loosening up the pivot bolt. Helped me out when I did mine.

Oh and #2 is a bit of a squeeze.

Yer name rick by chance?

:jester:

Did a search with out any definite answer. Was going to do a carb sync and I stared to take the fuel tank off. Took off the trim piece and the two bolts up top and the heat shield, but mine did not seem to go as high as the on in the photo on FJRTECH. Question, do I need to remove the rear bolt (long on with the nut) on the tank and then prop it up? Also cylinder two looks like a PITA to get at.
You mean throttle bodies? The FJR doesn't have any carbs.

Shouldn't need to remove the bolt..just loosen it.

I changed your thread title for 'ya. ;)

You mean throttle bodies? The FJR doesn't have any carbs.

Shouldn't need to remove the bolt..just loosen it.

I changed your thread title for 'ya. ;)

whoops, thanks, I did know that. by the way I found a Motion Pro SYNCPRO from this place TOOL SOURCE LINK for $69.95 + $8.95 shipping.

Just a guess, but the pics on FJRTech are of a Gen-1. Gen-2 seats are 2-piece, and height adjustable.

Since the front seat bracket contacts the tank, preventing it from raising higher, that could be the reason our Gen-2 tanks don't raise as far.

Just a guess, but the pics on FJRTech are of a Gen-1. Gen-2 seats are 2-piece, and height adjustable.

Since the front seat bracket contacts the tank, preventing it from raising higher, that could be the reason our Gen-2 tanks don't raise as far.
yeah, I think that may be the problem.