'Clicking' from the handle bars...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgrover

Reaction score
So I'm not quite sure how to describe this, but I'm getting a bit of a clicking noise/feeling in the handle bars if I rock the bike forward and backwards while holding the front brake.

It's not a big 'clunk' and I'm not even sure that it's visible movement but I can definitely feel it in the grips... it just sort of feels like there a little play in SOMETHING up front.

Suggestions on what to check?

Jason

I had the same thing with my bike when I picked it up. I took it back to the dealer and found that the there was too much play in the steering head and the center bolt on the handlebar was loose. Prior to the adjustment I felt a click in the handlebar with every bump that I hit. After the adjustment, all was quiet and much improved. I hope that helps.

Check your steering head bearings for tightness. See this link:https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s=&showtopic=30120&view=findpost&p=353868

It definitely feels like steering head and/or bearings... I can verify that myself tonight.

I'll search for info on the rotors too...

Thanks,

Jason

I had the loose bearings problem when i first purchased the 05 the way i found out was going over 90 and the front end would shake .

So I'm not quite sure how to describe this, but I'm getting a bit of a clicking noise/feeling in the handle bars if I rock the bike forward and backwards while holding the front brake.
It's not a big 'clunk' and I'm not even sure that it's visible movement but I can definitely feel it in the grips... it just sort of feels like there a little play in SOMETHING up front.

Suggestions on what to check?

Jason
Mine does the same thing, loose pads..normal stuff

thread https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=30120

Enjoy the ride!