Seat Removal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatt boy

Reaction score
Alright guys.....need another question answered......remember i have not gotten a service or owners manual so don't laugh at the questions...

need to adjust the seat height ....the adjustments are under the seat....

what do i have to do to get the seat off?????

i need a manual bad....

thanks

fatt boy

Thanks for the link to the owners manual.....doing alot of reading.......pick up my fjr tomorrow around noon.....excited....

I was proud to see the harley hauled away on the trailer.....viberation was killing my hands and arms...rode it 550 miles with

only a 45 min breaks.....hands kept going to sleep, then the arms....etc.....

had the venture, and then went to the harley....boy that was dumb.....

got a road trip coming up soon...for the smokey mountains.....iam going to really enjoy the fjr....

thanks for all the answers to the questions..to all those that replyed......will be reading the manual till i leave for work...

thanks all

fatt boy

While I agree you need to get the manual, here's the quickie on seat removal:

On the clutch side there's a key-hole somewhere above the footpeg. Insert key, turn. Passenger seat lifts up from the middle. Pull off passenger seat. Now, find the latch just below the center-rear of the driver's seat. Pull the little lever, driver seat comes off.

You'll want to see a diagram of the seat adjustment, as you are basically flipping some plastic parts upside down and reinstalling them. Easy, but a picture will help you get it all back together the right way.

While I agree you need to get the manual, here's the quickie on seat removal:
On the clutch side there's a key-hole somewhere above the footpeg. Insert key, turn. Passenger seat lifts up from the middle. Pull off passenger seat. Now, find the latch just below the center-rear of the driver's seat. Pull the little lever, driver seat comes off.

You'll want to see a diagram of the seat adjustment, as you are basically flipping some plastic parts upside down and reinstalling them. Easy, but a picture will help you get it all back together the right way.
While you have the seats off, you might as well slap on an Audiovox Cruise, it will just take a few extra minutes :lol: :lol:

Just a heads-up.......

Don't be too terribly disappointed if/when your hands go numb on the Feej, too.

It certainly isn't as bad as a V-Twin paint shaker, but it really seems that people who get the numb hand, will get it quite regularly, just not as badly, from one motorcycle to the next.

Since the bike is going to be new to you, you really need to consider dropping a little coin on a Vista Cruise throttle lock, what with a long trip in your near future. It's not a "true" cruise control, but giving your throttle hand a break as often as possible goes a long way to keeping your first long ride from getting ruined.

Take a look HERE.

Just a heads-up.......
Don't be too terribly disappointed if/when your hands go numb on the Feej, too.

It certainly isn't as bad as a V-Twin paint shaker, but it really seems that people who get the numb hand, will get it quite regularly, just not as badly, from one motorcycle to the next.

Since the bike is going to be new to you, you really need to consider dropping a little coin on a Vista Cruise throttle lock, what with a long trip in your near future. It's not a "true" cruise control, but giving your throttle hand a break as often as possible goes a long way to keeping your first long ride from getting ruined.

Take a look HERE.

Thanks for the information...will look into it asap....

thanks fatt boy

I was proud to see the harley hauled away on the trailer.....viberation was killing my hands and arms...rode it 550 miles with

Just outa curiosity, what model HD did you own?

Just outa curiosity, what model HD did you own?
They have MODELS?? :eek:

I thought they only had paint schemes. <_<

They have MODELS?? :eek:
I thought they only had paint schemes. <_<
51653_HarleyGirl_Pg69_WEB.jpg