FJR Colors By Year?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FeTT-X

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm still in the research phase, and hoping to buy an FJR when the right deal comes along. I'm trying to figure out which colors were made in which years. Can anyone help? From searching online, this is what I seem to have come up with (not much): :blink:

• 2007: Black Cherry
  • 2008: Raven Black
  • 2009: Raven Black
  • 2010: Liquid Silver
  • 2011: Liquid silver
  • 2012: Sounds like Yamaha will redo it for 2012, and it will be FJR1400? Expecting 1300 prices will drop once these come out.

Thank you!

Ignacio, thanks for recommending the matrix! Updated information above.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why we suggest the FJR Year Matrix when you sign up. It's detailed in there. ;)
Thank you, I had looked at the "'06-'09 Bin-O-Facts (Generation II)" but not the Matrix. Great info!

I'd also be less surprised if the FJR was gone for '12 than if they announced an FJR1400.
Gone, why? It's very well rated in this category -- does it not sell well anymore? Or you think Yamaha just wants to move onto something completely different for this market?

Don't get your panties in a wad....yet.

The FJR is a niche bike when compared to cruisers and sportbikes. Only Yamaha knows what the "break even" point is regarding sales numbers/import quotas, etc.

Everything else is speculation so we'll wait and see...

... Maybe a pretty new color though. Maybe not!
I'm always partial to bright silver myself, but I'd like to see this bike in a totally different color. Maybe a burnt orange ...
Oh God NO, not KTM colours. If it came in that colour I'd have to get out the paint roller and give it a Quebec paint job in John Deere green.

913043822_vfNyz-L.jpg

I wont hold my breath for a GenIII or a 1400. Maybe a pretty new color though. Maybe not!
I'm always partial to bright silver myself, but I'd like to see this bike in a totally different color. Maybe a burnt orange or white (pure white or pearl).
You know you can buy paint, right? Find a color you like and go for it. Waiting for Yamaha to come out with a paint color you like is pointless. The US will get some version of silver or blue next year. Just like nearly every other year the FJR has been available in the US. Oh sure, two years of black after we bitched for 6 years. And that black cherry in '07, but still, the rest of the world gets choices, we get blue or silver most of the time. As if it's somehow more difficult to offer color choices here?

You know you can buy paint, right? Find a color you like and go for it. Waiting for Yamaha to come out with a paint color you like is pointless. The US will get some version of silver or blue next year. Just like nearly every other year the FJR has been available in the US. Oh sure, two years of black after we bitched for 6 years. And that black cherry in '07, but still, the rest of the world gets choices, we get blue or silver most of the time. As if it's somehow more difficult to offer color choices here?
Painting is cost-prohibitive... At least for me. It's sad that you can't have a few color options every year. You'd think Henry Ford was still alive and in Japan, making these. It also seems that you'll usually have better luck with OEM paint jobs than aftermarket. I'd rather have a stone chip reveal black plastic (or whatever color it is) than black plastic and/or the original color that I painted over.

Love the red AuburnFJR, your bike looks great.

You know I always liked the VMAX in yellow back in the day, anyone go yellow on an FJR?