FJR Colors By Year?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The recommended riding gear for that special FJR.

400147-large.jpg

More pixs for Iris -- the color that would make her sell herfjr.

FJR-pearlwhite_1.jpg

FJR-pearlwhite_2.jpg

FJR-pearlwhite_3.jpg

I like the shade they used, and how they did the front fairing, leaving some of the black on there. Looks pretty sweet!
They didn't LEAVE the black on...that is a Gen I FJR, looking at that mirror. There were no factory black Gen I FJRs.

EDIT: In fact that is an '03 looking at the turn indicators.

Last edited by a moderator:
That bumblebee bike is indeed an '03 which was Liquid Silver that year. The bike used to be the LD mount for Todd Witte. After some LD work it pretty much got mothballed for a while, then recently was sold to another Forum member.

BumbleBee-1.jpg

That bumblebee bike is indeed an '03 which was Liquid Silver that year. The bike used to be the LD mount for Todd Witte. After some LD work it pretty much got mothballed for a while, then recently was sold to another Forum member.

BumbleBee-1.jpg
Nice rendition of a "bee". I have a FZ1 bee (2003)and am thinking that the same paint scheme would look pretty kewl on the FJR. If I ever crash out the FJR, I may have it re-painted in this same scheme.

FZ1sunburst.jpg

Wish I was good enough on Photo Shop to apply the scheme to my '08 FJR to see how she would look. :dribble:

BumbleBee-1.jpg

That is a sweet looking Yamaha FJR.

If I'm reading between the lines correctly Dr. Joe, that is the very, very spendy Corbin Smuggler. Expect to pay ~$800 for a color matched Smuggler. Corbin shows the Smuggler being installed with a Corbin seat pan (no surprise), I don't know if the smuggler would work with a stock seat. I've seen several Smugglers on Forum member bikes so someone will know if the Smuggler works with a stock seat. The white FJR does look like it has a stock Gen I seat. In the last picture it looks like the Smuggler is installed with a Russell seat.

yfjr13smug_inst1.jpg

Yamafitter Bill leaning on the bike, GDSfjr03 Greg behind 'fitter, newbie Joe, RossKean, and ionbeam's back.

IMG_9924sm.jpg

Whoah! That Smuggler looks awesome! Super pricey, but some addons are just worth it. This would be great, for the 90% of the time that I ride solo... But would be best if it would work on seats other than Corbin.

I left this thread, didn't realize it had turned into a "here's how to pain it" thread.

So:

fjr-unica.jpg