Code 14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vabrzn

Reaction score
I got a code 14 this morning, "Intake air pressure sensor ( hose line)". Bike started, trouble light came on, wouldn't idle. Shut bike off, restarted fine and went to work. Started fine when I came home. 2007 - 86,000 miles

Has anybody had this code, and if so, any words of wisdom before I open it up for a look see tomorrow?

Thanks

Well, I wouldn't open it up unless I see the code again. Could have just been a fluke. Go into diagnostic mode and reset the codes. See if it happens again. If it does, then start worrying.

I took a look this morning and found this gunk in the vacuum line leading to the sensor. The manual suggested looking for a clogged or kinked line, so maybe this was the cause. I'm not sure what it is or how it got in there , but it's clear now. I removed the lines, sprayed carb cleaner through them and compressed air. Went ahead and cleaned the vacuum inlets on the throttle body too.

code14002.jpg

code14003.jpg

I took a look this morning and found this gunk in the vacuum line leading to the sensor. The manual suggested looking for a clogged or kinked line, so maybe this was the cause. I'm not sure what it is or how it got in there , but it's clear now. I removed the lines, sprayed carb cleaner through them and compressed air...
Hopefully you did not do this to the pressure sensor too 'cause that will killzit. Never put anything into the sensor's opening and especially never spray or pressurize the sensor. The guts of the sensor are very delicate.

Good find, there is a good chance that you have fixed the problem. The good news is that the engine will run just fine if the sensor is bad, it won't leave you stranded beside the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took a look this morning and found this gunk in the vacuum line leading to the sensor. The manual suggested looking for a clogged or kinked line, so maybe this was the cause. I'm not sure what it is or how it got in there , but it's clear now. I removed the lines, sprayed carb cleaner through them and compressed air...
Hopefully you did not do this to the pressure sensor too 'cause that will killzit. Never put anything into the sensor's opening and especially never spray or pressurize the sensor. The guts of the sensor are very delicate.

Good find, there is a good chance that you have fixed the problem. The good news is that the engine will run just fine if the sensor is bad, it won't leave you stranded beside the road.

The pressure sensor was safely on the work bench:)

Oh thank goodness. No pressure sensors were harmed in the making of this thread! :yahoo:

That is some unusual looking spooge in that vacuum port. Did you check all of the others and were they all spoogified? :unsure:

Oh thank goodness. No pressure sensors were harmed in the making of this thread! :yahoo:

That is some unusual looking spooge in that vacuum port. Did you check all of the others and were they all spoogified? :unsure:
Just one area gummed up. I checked all of the other lines and they were clear. Kind of odd, I have never had a clogged vacuum line before...

Save the sensors!

Had the same Code 14 on a newly purchased '07. Removed the vacuum line array to the sensor and found the "splooge" at the base of the sensor input nipple. Had the cosistency of vaseline.

I got a code 14 this morning, "Intake air pressure sensor ( hose line)". Bike started, trouble light came on, wouldn't idle. Shut bike off, restarted fine and went to work. Started fine when I came home. 2007 - 86,000 miles

Had the same Code 14 on a newly purchased '07. Removed the vacuum line array to the sensor and found the "splooge" at the base of the sensor input nipple. Had the cosistency of vaseline.
Going out right now to check if my '07 has been visited by the spooge gremlins!

I've also had this kind of problem at around 180k miles, only mine didn't throw up any error codes. I Inspected the vacuum hoses and found many to be quire hard and brittle but no obvious cracks or holes, I decided to replace them all with new ones, including the plastic joints which fixed the problem so assuming one or more were spooged up too.