Fall Tech Meet and Greet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
Time for the Fall gathering, bench racing and tech day. This will be our eleventh tech meet! Saturday October 5th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables)

Going to tone down the maintenance this time and get back to more of a meet and greet and lighter maintenance. No valve checks, If you need one, we can try to pair you up with someone that may be able to assist at another time. Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish. I know many of you are interested in do a rally or finding out info in rallying so we will be having a guest speaker to talk about rallying. We will also continue the GP Suspension talks from last tech meet.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system
Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)
TBS
PAIR system block off
Various electrical and electronic additions
Brake system flush - please RSVP this
Fork rebuilds

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, spaghetti, lasagna, fettuccini, salad and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Agenda:

9 - 5 - Maintenance and other work on bikes

11 - 1 - GP Suspension discussion demonstration (JJ) GP Suspension had to cancel - look for an upcoming suspension seminar at their facility this winter sometime.

11 - 1 lunch (while listening to JJ)

1:30 - ? Rallying - experiences, how to get involved, where to find info - Ignacio (and others possibly to be confirmed)

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)
AuburnFJR & Mrs.
Niehart
Beamer Reamer & Mrs.
escapefjrtist
Hudson
Panman
Ahchiu

Ignacio

Riona

Seattle Ty

James W

Kevin98208

Harald

Wingshot

FJokeR07

Allrider

EricB

RoadTrip

fjrwalker

irishphil

urvman

redneckj

johnnyB

MCRider007

DaveK

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryan, Thanks for putting this on and I'd love to come down.

I have a few things ..

a) I may or may not need a new front/rear tire by the time I get back from the Reuben Run

B) I have a set of LED replacement lights to drop into tail and turn signal - doing the swap out at tech day would answer the question in front of witnesses if its a good mod or not

c) I still want to do the "roll over clinic" and will volunteer my bike for practice if you could provide a rug or piece of carpet to lay her down on

Riona

Thanks Bryan for hosting the 11th annual tech meeting.

Please put me down, looking to meet new people and maybe change the fork fluid.

Thank you again Bryan, looking forward to it :)

Sounds like another great event Bryan. See all y'all there.

Thanks again for opening up your home to the gang!
punk.gif

--G

Have fun gang. Won't make it this time.

Work sees me in London then. I'd rather be with ya'll...well, some of you, anyway... ;)

duane

...and no, I'm not sending the Tenere down for you guys to play with while I'm away. :p

I plan on being there. I could use some assistance with a first time TBS and Pair System block off. While doing that, would a spark plug change be acceptable? Not sure how much is involved in that.

I plan on being there. I could use some assistance with a first time TBS and Pair System block off. While doing that, would a spark plug change be acceptable? Not sure how much is involved in that.
Yep. We're in that far, I would definitely recommend doing the spark plugs

Thanks for hosting the gathering again, Bryan! And double thanks for a schedule that doesn't conflict with deer hunting season that starts the following weekend! So please put me down as an attendee.

I have no work to do on my bike, but am willing and able to help with any maintenance on other bikes.

Thanks Bryan for setting this up. +1 to Harald's comment as opening bird hunting is the same weekend.

Will be a late arrival sometime after noon as I have a class in the morning.

List updated and added some topics to be covered.

Including Ignacio who will be here to talk about how to get involved in rallying and his experiences with the IBR. TO answer whatever questions you all may have about rallying.

JJ from GP Suspension is confirmed to continue his talks about suspension set up and to answer questions.

Agenda:

11 - 1 - GP Suspension discussion demonstration (JJ)

1:30 - ? Rallying - experiences, how to get involved, where to find info - Ignacio (and others possibly to be confirmed)

Thanks for the invite...been wanting to join your meet for several years now! Coming from Kirkland....

Parts!

I have an '07 header system that I can try to load-up somehow, if anyone wants it badly enough:)

Interested in buying a smaller stock Yammie windshield...

I think you said email for directions...will do, thanks again.

Randy

FJokeR07

Thanks for the invite...been wanting to join your meet for several years now! Coming from Kirkland....
Parts!

I have an '07 header system that I can try to load-up somehow, if anyone wants it badly enough:)

Interested in buying a smaller stock Yammie windshield...

I think you said email for directions...will do, thanks again.

Randy

FJokeR07
You have a PM. See you at the meet

I'm in see ya'll then

RordTrip

Time for the Fall gathering, bench racing and tech day. This will be our eleventh tech meet! Saturday October 5th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables)
Going to tone down the maintenance this time and get back to more of a meet and greet and lighter maintenance. No valve checks, If you need one, we can try to pair you up with someone that may be able to assist at another time. Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish. I know many of you are interested in do a rally or finding out info in rallying so we will be having a guest speaker to talk about rallying. We will also continue the GP Suspension talks from last tech meet.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system
Tire changes (I have a No-Mar) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)
TBS
PAIR system block off
Various electrical and electronic additions
Brake system flush - please RSVP this
Fork rebuilds

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, spaghetti, lasagna, fettuccini, salad and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Agenda:

11 - 1 - GP Suspension discussion demonstration (JJ)

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)
AuburnFJR & Mrs.
Niehart
Beamer Reamer & Mrs.
escapefjrtist
Hudson
Panman
Ahchiu

Ignacio

Riona

Seattle Ty

James W

Kevin98208

Harald

Wingshot

FJokeR07
RoadTrip

Even though I haven't gotten my FJR yet, I am thinking this would be a great opportunity to start mixing and learning.

I have to check with the wife if I'm free that day.