Fall Tech Meet and Greet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for hosting this event. I Look forward to meeting you and others as well.

I would be interested in a TBS

Thank you

--Phil

Even though I haven't gotten my FJR yet, I am thinking this would be a great opportunity to start mixing and learning.
I have to check with the wife if I'm free that day.
Please do stop by if you can. It will give a chance to see many FJR that are heavily farkled and what is possible

Auburn,

Put me down for attending the meet on Saturday. I'm going to install block off plates from Panman and do the unauthorized TBS too. See everyone then.

Time for the Fall gathering, bench racing and tech day. This will be our eleventh tech meet! Saturday October 5th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables)
Going to tone down the maintenance this time and get back to more of a meet and greet and lighter maintenance. No valve checks, If you need one, we can try to pair you up with someone that may be able to assist at another time. Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish. I know many of you are interested in do a rally or finding out info in rallying so we will be having a guest speaker to talk about rallying. We will also continue the GP Suspension talks from last tech meet.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system

Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you or leave $5 per tire so I can take them to the recycler)

TBS

PAIR system block off

Various electrical and electronic additions

Brake system flush - please RSVP this

Fork rebuilds

Bring pictures and DVD for bench racing in the movie room

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, spaghetti, lasagna, fettuccini, salad and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Agenda:

9 - 5 - Maintenance and other work on bikes

11 - 1 - GP Suspension discussion demonstration (JJ)

11 - 1 lunch (while listening to JJ)

1:30 - ? Rallying - experiences, how to get involved, where to find info - Ignacio (and others possibly to be confirmed)

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.

Niehart

Beamer Reamer & Mrs.

escapefjrtist

Hudson

Panman

Ahchiu

Ignacio

Riona

Seattle Ty

James W

Kevin98208

Harald

Wingshot

FJokeR07

Allrider

EricB

RoadTrip

fjrwalker

irishphil

urvman

redneckj
List is updated. Hopefully the weather will be better next weekend.

List is updated. Hopefully the weather will be better next weekend.
5 day forecast is improving......looking forward to it!
smile.png

Matt

You are gonna have a bunch of new best friends. I have a Atlas power machine and don't know what I would do without it-

And it might be late notice or not of interest to the to the people coming that are local, however I'm extending an invitation to anybody that may want to go on to Whidbey Island after this event with a free place to spend Saturday night. I'm headed there. The family cabin is open, wakes up to the view below, and I have at least room for two others (4 if we pull out the spare bed and use a couch) that might want to come. Nothing hugely fancy, but it REALLY is that close to the water as the picture is from the deck. From Auburn it's about 70 miles including the ferry ride and puts you on a great island to do Sunday morning exploring after breakfast. Ping me via PM if interested.

whidbey2b.jpg

Looking forward to Saturday! Time to learn how to use that new tire machine!

Generous offer Matt. Whidbey is a great place to spend some time on and explore the Island.

See all y'all Saturday...

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't make it. I hadn't checked the calendar carefully enough. My wife and I are organized a Spyder ryde that day.

Since I'm the token two wheeler, I have to ride sweep. (OK, it's not because I'm a two wheeler, but because she has the GPS.)

I can't make it. I hadn't checked the calendar carefully enough. My wife and I are organized a Spyder ryde that day.
Since I'm the token two wheeler, I have to ride sweep. (OK, it's not because I'm a two wheeler, but because she has the GPS.)
That's OK. ENjoy the ride. We'll have another in the Spring.