Recollections of February.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puppychow

RAWR
Reaction score
Recollections of some of my riding adventures and experiences touring California in the Winter, whilst also dabbling in the Big Money Rally - a touring rally for some good riding fun in the Winter and Spring.

You can read about it at the link below:

https://motorcyclewanderings.blogspot.com/2014/03/recollections-of-february.html

IMAG0495Large.jpg

Thanks for reading and cheers!
smile.png

I had never head for the Pine to Palms highway. Adding that one to the (already full) bucket list.

Thanks guys! There are a lot of fun roads east of San Diego and north and east of LA. I can't wait to ride them again. :)

I have heard on the internet once you pass Agua Caliente County park on the Great Southern Overland Stage Route (road S2) there are some soft whoops in the road where one can lift the front of the FJR in the air at a 110 mph
innocent.gif

Really nice pictures. My wife is signed up for the BMR. I get to do the routing and tag along but I am not an official participant. She is rider 351 Andrea D'assis.

Yes, I have seen Andrea's bonus posts, hold her placard and pose for a bonus picture next time and sent a shout out to other FJR riders! :)

Hopefully, I will get to meet you at the BMR finishers banquet. :)

Thank for the pictures. I was raised in Armona don't see too many people having a reason to take a picture there.... But now I do. Especially finding Alphaugh you don't go there on purpose.

Thank for the pictures. I was raised in Armona don't see too many people having a reason to take a picture there.... But now I do. Especially finding Alphaugh you don't go there on purpose.
Thank you for reading and for liking the pictures, I went through Tulare as well, just didn't write about it. :)

You are near some very fine riding in the southern Sierras, I have ridden a lot of those roads up to Three Rivers, but I discovered another one this year 190 out of Springville. I can't wait to explore if fully sometime soon! :)

Cheers!

190 is a great one, you have a lot of options from two ways to get to US395 and three ways to go back over the Sierras.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clarification: If you (Tyler) are asking. Yes! :)

If Claudia Schiffer is asking - Yes!

If an Englishman or any other man is asking - No!

Last edited by a moderator: