Hello from Daytona

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It actually was a bit nippy today. Hardly any sunshine, and what there was didn't seem to help much.

I ended up at the Iron Horse with some friends (we sent yet another salute to T via pic text!). Tomorrow is supposed to be much better!

I didn't do a test ride today - altho it would have been a perfect day w/no lines. I'll have to catch ScooterG during the week and get that done. Let's see, should I ride a Royal Star? the new kick start SR400? R1? Aw, what the heck, maybe I'll do a FJR -

Oh, I musta missed it here and everywhere else, but I see the S10s have cruise and electronic suspension on 'em for '14. Dunno how high the cruise sets; when you ask the sales reps, they just give the blank stare

Yikes...that's a scary picture!
tonguesmiley.gif

--G

I might be over that way on the 15th. The only other bike I'd like to swing a leg over atm would be a 99 - 03 CBR1100xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it snows in Florida. Excuse me now while I go out to the shed and sit on my bike....
It's 4:30 a.m. and I'm headed out to start the bike. It's 39 degrees at the moment. No snow coming down, but sheesh. I wonder if Yamaha would be interested in a promo copy of that picture showing their company rep saluting all of us potential new Yammie buyers? Do ya think they'd be impressed enough to offer somebody a raise?

Gary

darksider #44

I hope it snows in Florida. Excuse me now while I go out to the shed and sit on my bike....
It's 4:30 a.m. and I'm headed out to start the bike. It's 39 degrees at the moment. No snow coming down, but sheesh. I wonder if Yamaha would be interested in a promo copy of that picture showing their company rep saluting all of us potential new Yammie buyers? Do ya think they'd be impressed enough to offer somebody a raise?

Gary

darksider #44
Well have yourself a great ride today Gary. Never mind me anyways, I'm just jealous and a touch stir crazy.

I think Mama Yama knew from the get go they weren't hiring no angel.

Back home.

Got a bit of a sunburn. Wall to wall sunshine today and temps about 69 or so in Daytona. Crowds weren't bad at all. Ha--- they will be NEXT weekend. Stopped in at the Yammie tent: low and behold there he was: all dressed up in his cute lime green safety colors, Skooter was busy leading the rides. I didn't get to ride in his group, either time, which was a real bummer as the feller leading my group seemed to have a penchant for obeying all posted speed limits. Hard to ride the FZ09 and the new FJR ES at 40 mph and make some sort of decent evaluation of the bikes. He spoke of getting to test out the suspension through some local twisties, but again, that's not going to happen at parking lot speeds. Ugggh. But anyway, Daytona was fun and I'm back home again, getting ready for another week at work. Fun time is over.

I certainly enjoyed riding the two Yamahas. I might add that the FZ09's low end grunt makes the FJR seem tame. It feels more like the VMAX at low RPMs. Granted, the FJR is pulling 250 extra pounds, and I know that they both make it through the quarter mile in about the same time. But when you roll on the throttle of that FZ09 at low rpms (which is dangerously quick) it accelerates with some serious authority. It REALLY grabs your attention. Like the VMAX, the FZ09 is all about it's engine. It's a real hoot to ride. The Yammie rep said they're really popular and selling like hotcakes. I can see why.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator: