Dreamin' of Airstreamin with your FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson

Reaction score
A guy on one of the other forums I frequent up and built hisself a proper Airstream replica. The thread of his build is just too cool, and his craftsmanship is stellar. My favorite tweak was his use of a lasagna pan as an inset license plate holder. The door on the rear right opens up and he has a vent/sunlight, plus interior LED's, and comfy sleep pad that doubles as a sofa and a mattress.

a321c11.jpg

a321c03.jpg

a321b83.jpg

That thing is awesome!! I've never even considered trailering on a bike. Seems counter the point of riding a bike to me, but having a cool caravan like that to crash in each night would almost make it worthwhile.

Not sure a brake would be needed. It weighs less than 300 lbs, which is in the neighborhood of a lot of FJR passengers, when you think about it. Assuming you wouldn't also use it 2-up the weight shouldn't be an issue. I think the greater risk would be in its large area catching winds, and also avoiding throwing a bunch extra weight (gear and luggage) in the open trailer.

But regardless, this trailer is a piece of art.

Yeah, I've been following this one too. Mad skillz,the skin is stainless steel if I understand correctly.

You could prolly sleep 3 if ya stack 'em correctly.

...It weighs less than 300 lbs, which is in the neighborhood of a lot of FJR passengers, when you think about it.

But regardless, this trailer is a piece of art.
Where is that neighborhood?
smile.png

Nice craftsmanship there. Overseas license plate?
Yeah, the guy is in Germany.

A trailer is an interesting idea on a bike but I would still be nervous about hooking that much weight up to a bike.