Brick1's 2011 IBR report/story

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great writeup, and congratz on a great ride. I was especially interested in the mental lapses and mind games induced by fatigue. I have often experienced these, though of course mine start after 4 hours on the road! :D

Great write-up Peter! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and perspective of the IBR.

Well done...on all accounts!

--G

I would like to add my congratulations to the pile. You made one hell of a ride and a very fine write-up as well. After finishing the GBU rally in Montana with the likes of Jeff Earls, Eric Jewell, Wendy Crockett, Matt and all the rest; I understand a small fraction of what you did. My accomplishment doesnt hold a candle to yours, but I got a taste of it. I hope we can meet down the road someday. I would be honored to shake your hand and buy you a cup of coffee. If you ever need a riding partner in Idaho..... Tyler.

That report (like the rally) was epic! It took me 3 days to read it all! I followed the IBR via SPOT dots and commentary here on the forum; now being able to see it from ground level through your eyes has been a real treat. Congratulations on a successful rally and a great finish.