Need help for a Gen III Rifle windscreen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbacon

Reaction score
I've heard so many positive forum reports on the Rifle windscreen that I contacted the company to see

if I could get one for my 2014. Sadly, they have not made one yet but would very much like to have one available. What they need is someone in or near the Central Valley of California to let them take measurements so they could manufacture a new screen for the Gen III. They would need the bike for 24 hours but could possibly be talked into providing a sample to the cooperating owner. I live in Wisconsin and with the stock screen I'd probably be stone deaf before reaching Omaha. Contact me through the forum if you can help. Thanks.

Yep--did just that yesterday. Seems like the CB should work well also. From the website info it looks like it will take a couple weeks to get here. Thanks for the positive comments on how well it works for you. Did you get the reverse flip? I went with a light gray tint.

I have the Yamaha Touring windshield -- absolutely incredible windshield and apparently well acknowledged as one of the best available windshields on the market (as per the other forum). Buffeting and wind noise were reduced by at least 75% over the stock windshield, and I still can't believe the huge improvement over stock. (I'm 6'1", 32" inseam)

https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemcatalogs/p/yamaha_motorcycle_street_2013_fjr1300/yamaha_accessories-windshields/5274561f6d81f52728eebf3c/yamaha-fjr1300-touring-windshield-13

Ok, I got a new windshield...Now how the hell do I get the old one off? Specifically the trim on the outside. Does it have double sided tape or what?

Thanks

kbacon, I spoke with Rifle yesterday and they are still waitng, apparantly, for someone to lend them a gen III so they can measure and design the windscreen. Come on, you guys who live in California, doesn't one of you want a free windscreen as a reward for the inconvevience of letting them borrow your bike for a day?

They have been "waiting" since the 2013 was released in October 2012. I contacted them too a long time ago. I have a hard time believing they just wait for someone to show up with a bike, and not actively seek one. Rifles competitors have sold a lot of screens in their absence. I was hoping the delay centered around research, so they didn't make just another screen !

I'm skeplical, too. Why don't they just make a deal with a nearby Yamaha dealer to borrow a bike for 24 hours? After my post here I spoke to a worker at Rifle who told me in a vague way, that they didn't know when a screen for the gen III would come out. She said it could take up to a year! This leaves me with a dilemma. I have a Rifle on my gen II that is so quiet at highway speeds and so unique in design compaired with all the other screens on the market that I am doubtful any other screen could perform as well. That said, the cal sci extra wide screen seems to have at least some of the characteristics of the Rifle and I might go with it when the time comes. I haven't pulled the trigger yet on a gen III.