emergency tire needed in greensville/ winston salem area

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
I'm on the way home from a camp trip. Rear tire is going to bars here shortly & I'm still abt 300 miles from home. Can anyone help or know of a dealer that's open?

Heidi, if it isn't showing bars yet, I'm sure it'll go 300 miles. Rob's rear tire was showing bars on the way down to key west and it got him home to Lakeland. Total about 600 miles from when the bars were visible. Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would tend to agree with Majicmaker that you could take it easy and make 300 miles. But there are some Cycle Gear stores in they Winson-Salem area.

(336) 297-4250 for the one in Greensboro

If they're like the one in my home town, you'd need to take them the wheel. Possibly someone near would let you remove the wheel and take it to them.

Dag-gone it, if I were in the country I would run my last take off down to you. I would "think" that slow and gentle riding might get you home, but I sure would check it every hour or so.

We kept an eye on it all the way back...Heidi made it home!
biggrin.png

I'm home. Apparently, a few people saw the thread before it got moved to this area where nobody was sure to see it for a couple of days. Lovely! Took me awhile to find it. I had to look @ my content in order to find it. Lovely.

Glad you made it, Heidi. Yeah, I was looking for it too after it disappeared from the new stuff column and had to do the same thing.

I purposely put it where I did so it'd be seen immediately because I was seeing the instance as an emergency. It's not like it was an everyday post. I normally don't have issues with the site but certainly feel one in this instance. Confidence inspiring... WTH!

Last edited by a moderator: