Iron Butt Memorial Gerlach, NV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
I stopped at the Iron Butt Memorial in Gerlach, NV today and read a fantastic note that was left on the bench by a FJR1300 rider.

The note was dated June 25, 2014 and was not signed.

If the person who left that note is on this forum and reads this, I'd enjoy getting a PM from them.

Guru Lane? Wad dat?
Me thinks a Gerlach run is in short order.
It will take you about 8 months to get there and back under Candybutt rules.
wink.png
However any pilgrimage should be a challenge...or even a struggle.

I highly recommend visiting Gerlach at least once in their life. A combination of the playa (they broke the speed of sound in a car here), Bruno's, the memorial, and variety of other things make it a great place on this planet to get your mind right.

Once you get there you will experience these kinds of views:

Guru-2.jpg

Guru-4.jpg

MW175943c.jpg

The entrance to the lane is at:

N40 40.69722

W119 21.67044

The memorial is several hundred yard north along the road....which will be an easy FJR maneuver for anybody that has ever worn a dirt bike boot.

Don, shoot me a PM if you're serious and I'll share some supplementary information to improve your experience. And you don't want to accidentally (or deliberately pull a Skooter and go Playa Dancin')

As for the OP....I'm going to hazard a guess it might have been one of the FJRs returning to the PNW or BC region from the Poison rally last weekend. It wasn't me though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don and Iggy, I have been going to the Black Rock desert with the KLR for many years. Anytime you guys want to meet up there I'd be happy to show you High Rock Canyon and the back way to Cedarville or the race track out by the Black Rock or a ride up to Soldier's Meadows. There is plenty to do up there on bikes with knobbies.

Don and Iggy, I have been going to the Black Rock desert with the KLR for many years. Anytime you guys want to meet up there I'd be happy to show you High Rock Canyon and the back way to Cedarville or the race track out by the Black Rock or a ride up to Soldier's Meadows. There is plenty to do up there on bikes with knobbies.
Another "to do" item has been added to the bucket list. B)

Thanks Bounce. Very thought provoking. I was in Gerlach before the sun came up last Sunday but didn't have time to visit the Memorial.