Rear Wheel fitment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tslapper

Reaction score
Howdy,

My trusty 03 needs new rear wheel bearings. I don't blame her as the stockers lasted about 95k.

As usual the problem cropped up a week, or so before a joy ride to the south lands of the US. I had quite a bit of trouble getting the 3 splash ring retainer screws out so I could pull the cush drive. Two broke off. I'll be drilling those tonight and if not successful I am opting to buy a used wheel but availability seems limited right now.

Does anybody know if an 05 ABS wheel would fit an 03 non ABS bike?

What's different on the fiche? I put an ABS wheel on a non-ABS bike. Just need to change out the grease seal. See this thread for pix: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/130244-05-abs-wheel-on-05-non-abs-bike/?p=1090956
Huh!

I assumed right off that the spacer would not be the same width as the abs sensor housing, which appears to provide the spacing. I just ordered bearings and the seals which means I can just pick up an ABS wheel and install my new seal.

Thank you much for pointing me in the right direction!

You ever come to Maine, you have place to stay and beer is on me.