Where Are All the Spare Black Wheels?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I scored a silver '08 rear wheel a couple years ago and painted it myself, so I guess I got the last one. Neener neener neeeener! :)

Saw a couple on Fleabay in black - unfortunately in Europehttps://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-YAMAHA-FJR-1300-A-REAR-WHEEL-ALLOY-RIM-RP13-BLACK-/252186867692?hash=item3ab78237ec:g:DKwAAOSwHQ9WVx~i&vxp=mtr

I've looked before and found that sometimes, searching "FJR rear rim" gets more hits than "wheel".

Nice find. Exactly what I have been looking for. Have begun communications with the seller.

The shipping might be high but the price seems cheap enough.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ABS-Rear-wheel-Yamaha-FJR-FJR1300-1300-ABS-/121746417522

Dave

Wrong year. Has the old ABS sensor ring for 04-07 abs FJRs.

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. I have been searching for a 08+ black rear wheel for over two years now. No luck. They just don't come up on ebay. I don't understand why. With them on 08, 09, 14, and 15 models there should be plenty of crashed bikes out there being parted out. So where are they all going?
I have tried using Master Google to find salvage companies selling them, but all I find are complete wrecked bikes being sold. BTW, a couple weeks ago there was a wrecked '15 ES FJR being sold from one of the salvage companies that only had like 800 miles on it. Poor owner probably regretted buying the ugliest of FJRs and punted that sucker down the road.

Anybody got any ideas on where I should look? Ideally I want one with all the parts - bearings, cush drive, abs sensor ring, and if possible, the brake rotor.

Just curious. Why was the 2013 not included in your list of years with black wheels?

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. I have been searching for a 08+ black rear wheel for over two years now. No luck. They just don't come up on ebay. I don't understand why. With them on 08, 09, 14, and 15 models there should be plenty of crashed bikes out there being parted out. So where are they all going?
I have tried using Master Google to find salvage companies selling them, but all I find are complete wrecked bikes being sold. BTW, a couple weeks ago there was a wrecked '15 ES FJR being sold from one of the salvage companies that only had like 800 miles on it. Poor owner probably regretted buying the ugliest of FJRs and punted that sucker down the road.

Anybody got any ideas on where I should look? Ideally I want one with all the parts - bearings, cush drive, abs sensor ring, and if possible, the brake rotor.

Just curious. Why was the 2013 not included in your list of years with black wheels?
He did not look at Iggy's list and his brain farted.

Have you considered looking for a good deal on a silver wheel and having it powder coated? I had my prior 2007 wheels done and it was not all that expensive.

Art, the ABS sensors changed after '07. He has to have an '08 or later, regardless of color.

BTW jackass...Have you PM'd Hppants to ask him where his crashed '14 resides? Pretty sure the rear wheel was good, and he may know who has it.

Art, the ABS sensors changed after '07. He has to have an '08 or later, regardless of color.
BTW jackass...Have you PM'd Hppants to ask him where his crashed '14 resides? Pretty sure the rear wheel was good, and he may know who has it.
I realize the pre 08 wheel will not work on his 08. I only cited my 07 as it was the bike I had the wheels powder coated black. If ScooterG is unable to find a black wheel he may be able to locate a silver one for a good price and turn it black.

Art, the ABS sensors changed after '07. He has to have an '08 or later, regardless of color.BTW jackass...Have you PM'd Hppants to ask him where his crashed '14 resides? Pretty sure the rear wheel was good, and he may know who has it.
I realize the pre 08 wheel will not work on his 08. I only cited my 07 as it was the bike I had the wheels powder coated black. If ScooterG is unable to find a black wheel he may be able to locate a silver one for a good price and turn it black.
Oooooooooooh. Gotcha. Sorry.

Well, Zilla is shaped a lot like Santa if that is what you mean.

That was a good question about the '14 that hppants totaled though. G Squared, where would your old employers send a totaled motorcycle?

Ok,, spoke with Service Manager at Friendly Yamaha.. That's where 'pants original bike wound up. He gave me a summary of where a totaled bike goes.. ( I worked there 6 years and that subject never came up to me at least). Insurance will usually send bike to auction. So it basically disappears.. Only if a local salvage yard buys it and you luck up with calling the right one,,,, well you see why I said it basically disappears. It may not be in this state. And then, if you did find one,, the parts are at least 50% of new. Remember,, they bought it from the ins. co. and they want to recoup their money also. Just a quick example, while I was still employed there, we had a totaled cbr 1000. New bike, but totaled. The same Svc. Manager tried to buy it for the motor. Only thing good left on bike. Ins. wanted 6000 $ for it. So off it went. Anyway I was hoping for a better outcome, I would have loved to find that bike,, but now it's a needle n the haystack.

Three phone calls, and that bike would be located. Either way, I can't believe a guy who works for Yamaha can't figure out where to get Yamaha parts.

Skooter, you don't get stuff for something like "Cost + 10%?"

Three phone calls, and that bike would be located. Either way, I can't believe a guy who works for Yamaha can't figure out where to get Yamaha parts.
Skooter, you don't get stuff for something like "Cost + 10%?"
No shit Zilla, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a wheel might fall of a Yamaha truck or something.
smile.png

Pretty sure Skooter does not work for Yamaha anymore. Plus, his social life is expensive. He cannot afford to pay full price.

Thanks GSquared. I assume that Jay is still the service manager. I trust him. I do think that Zilla is right though. Somebody can locate it even if the dealership cannot.