2015 Suggestions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mttwss

Reaction score
Would like to hear from others what changes or added features you would like to see in 2015 (but don't want to hear about the 6 gear please)

1) I will start by wanting to see them add a heated seat.

2) How about having a manually adjustable baffle to direct warm air towards ones legs if desired in the cold months.

just my my 2 cents

Repair the defective side stand

Cruise control that works to 105. 102 is lame.

Lighter

More horsepower

Cheaper

Better MPG

21 gallon fuel tank

Upgrade ground spiders to ground centipedes

Mind reading turn indicators

Fix the buzziness that's impossible to live with in 2014 and earlier

Fix the obvious heat issue before somebody gets 3rd degree burns

A better shade of red that bugs, dirt, and fingerprints don't stick to.

Chain drive, I hate the sloppy amount of drive slack.

SIngle sided swingarm

Inside-out front forks (the inverted forks on the '14 ES were nice, but we need more!)

Car tire on front wheel

5 cylinder 698cc engine with 47:1 compression ratio that runs on 87 octane

Stickier tires that last longer and cheaper to replace. Better in the rain, but without grooves.

And it needs 7 gears including a lower first gear, higher top gear, AND closer ratio.

$4999.99 tops including tax, license, and free massage with release

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know when Yamaha will be releasing the features / specs for the 2015? I have searched the web and have found almost no info. One dealer told me that they will be informed sometime in September.

You may rest assured that within 10 seconds of the announcement of the color change for 2015 someone will be posting that info here.

Within the following 10 seconds 3 more people will start their own threads announcing the 2015 color change here. (We will make fun of them.)

Then for the next 3 to 5 days there will be folks posting sporadically the 2015 color change. (We will hammer those folks mercilessly.)

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think Yamaha is going to change anything but the color for 2015. There may be some minor refinements to some of the new systems but I doubt anything major.

What are you hoping to see in the 2015? What monumental, groundbreaking changes are you hoping for?

Self cancelling turn signals would be nice. Had them on my '85 FJ1100, you'd think 30 years later they could do it again.

HID headlights from factory would be nice.

Auxiliary fuse box under seat from factory would be helpful. By now Mama Yama knows we all add them anyway.

12v power port in top box that's hot as soon as you install top box like Triumph put on the Trophy.

Color option rather than just 1 color per model year.

Even though I'm sure it would never happen on a Japanese bike, it would be nice to see them incorporate euro style turn signal switches. WAY better than the current obsolete thumb switch. Anyone that's ridden a Beemer knows how much better they are. Also would like to see the turn signal canceller & more color options than 1.

Allen and I were talking about this at the Moto GP

Before you all flip out, we came up with this idea.

I would like to see a 6th Gear/Overdrive

Relax and keep reading

1. DO NOT change the gear ratios currently 1-5

2. DO NOT make the Overdrive/6th Gear be a foot shift

3. Make it a push button that can only be "shifted" to once in 5th gear above say 55mph. Right Hand would prob be the best place.

4 Shifting down out of 5th with the foot shifter automatically cancels the Overdrive. Similar to almost any other automatic vehicle

5. Pushing the button to Engage/Cancel the Overdrive could use the technology already available in the Auto model.

I like the idea of being able to get 10 more MPG and lower the revs from a wear standpoint. It prob wont happen this year, but we can always hope.

Plus I would like to see huge improvements each year so you all buy new ones. That will allow me to afford one of the GEN 3 cast offs that are so amazing now. Your trash is my treasure. Kinda like my current ride.

Oh Santa's list is growing I see...

Problem is, the cost(s) to do all these, and the bike will be right up there with the expensive bikes. I'm for keeping it more base as it is now.

Well if I have to ;)

--Maybe add TPM?. it's a safety thing as much as a kewl bell n whistle.

--Work out that hi-buzz for sure, this would prob top my list. I really dislike those micro-vibrations.

--Tall (6th) super slab gear. Would help w both MPG and some of the hi-buzz

--Unlimited Speed Cruise

A Lower center of gravity (too top-heavy!) and a single A-arm rear would make it even more desirable in my eyes. No need for all the expensive crap like Alarm systems, elec central locking etc. Just maybe a few more bells n whistles and fix some of the existing.

Three cylinder 1500cc motor.
I'm with Greg 100%, plus beer can holders on the handlebars should be made standard equipment on the 2015 FJR! jes' sayin' and nuff said, yippee!
Don, you usually have good idee-er's.

Nope, no beer holders. 2 reasons, one I don't drink while driving and the other (I learned from my tractor when mowing)... the vibrations take the carbonation out of the beer in one lap flat! It's probably a good thing, it keeps me mowing sober ;)

I'm with Greg 100%, plus beer can holders on the handlebars should be made standard equipment on the 2015 FJR! jes' sayin' and nuff said, yippee!

Nope, no beer holders. 2 reasons, one I don't drink while driving and the other (I learned from my tractor when mowing)... the vibrations take the carbonation out of the beer in one lap flat! It's probably a good thing, it keeps me mowing sober
wink.png

Yes, beer can holders. Two would be fine. After two beers I have to stop to pee anyway, so I can put two fresh ones in the holders while I'm stopped. Maybe insulate the top box to keep them cold.
rolleyes.gif

In case anyone takes this seriously, no, I do not drink and ride and I don't ride with people who do.

Nope, no beer holders. 2 reasons, one I don't drink while driving and the other (I learned from my tractor when mowing)... the vibrations take the carbonation out of the beer in one lap flat! It's probably a good thing, it keeps me mowing sober
wink.png

Yes, beer can holders. Two would be fine. After two beers I have to stop to pee anyway, so I can put two fresh ones in the holders while I'm stopped. Maybe insulate the top box to keep them cold.
rolleyes.gif

In case anyone takes this seriously, no, I do not drink and ride and I don't ride with people who do.
Oh some will!!!, and nice there Greg, stirring up Donny boyz pot (not the Colorado kind eitha!)

Two requests for me.....

1. A really cool color...

2. Comes from the factory with all the farkles I will need out of the box.....
coolsmiley02.gif

Introduce a limited, special edition:

Red, black or blue paint choices

Lots of carbon fiber and polished stainless accents, but tasty, not overblown. The idea is to eliminate plastic as much as possible

Higher compression pistons and a hotter cam, maybe add 25HP on premium unleaded only (alternatively, maybe a turbo)

Sixth gear option

Infotainment option (speakers, Sirius, GPS)

Price it between $21,000 and $25,000 depending on optional equipment selections.

Gyro balancer, so you don't even have to put your feet down when stopped. Would also prevent slow speed tip-overs..

The gyro could be connected via a torque converter thingy, to give an added temporary boost of power for passing those eighteen wheelers!