Just Over 200 Miles and First Farkle Finished

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockdude

Reaction score
Just wrapped up installing a Kisan Pathblazer; anything that may give an extra 1/2 second more time to act/maneuver to some dumb cager!

Congratulations, dude. Now what exactly is this blazer thing? And where's the pictures? You know we have a policy around here, without any pictures it didn't happen
smile.png

Gary

darksider #44

Headlight modulator .... it was too dark for it to work ... I'll take a picture this morning, if I can, with it operating.

Cool ... A Man With a Plan!

Start at the front, and work towards the rear ... this could be a very long thread :D

Cool ... A Man With a Plan!
Start at the front, and work towards the rear ... this could be a very long thread
biggrin.png
Yep started up front, first day riding to work, I should have just held the horn button down all the way ... within 200 yrds of my house I had to slam on breaks for morons that don't know what STOP means or that you are supposed to come to a complete STOP on a red light before making a right turn, not just slow down ....

And yes ABS does work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies. It was too easy ... and it's Friday.

Am interested in hearing about farkles, always looking for that newer, better, cooler thing.

I frikkin HATE headlight modulators! Sure they prolly help being seen but IMHO and experience they do more harm then good by confusing the hell out of drivers by making them think there's an emergency vehicle coming. Then they start slamming on brakes and recklessly swooping & diving, intent on getting out of the way.

Just my $.02. If it works for you, great. I think they should be outlawed.

I frikkin HATE headlight modulators! Sure they prolly help being seen but IMHO and experience they do more harm then good by confusing the hell out of drivers by making them think there's an emergency vehicle coming. Then they start slamming on brakes and recklessly swooping & diving, intent on getting out of the way.
Well today, nice litte 200 mile run, it sure worked in getting the attention on four cars in different locations, enought that they stopped and didn't pull out into my path.

Yes, I've had all kinds of reactions, some pull over, some turn on their flashers, some are too busy texting to even know. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I have come to the conclusion that white 6500 color temp LEDs get you really noticed, like the LEDRIDERs LR4s mounted by the mirrors, more then I have ever noticed before.... if there is a question of someone about to pull out on me I blast them those babies on high, those people slam on their brakes so fast before Turning onto the road like never before...

I have Clearwater Glenda's and Krista's up front and I just installed a Whelen Linear3 Red LED backed up with a United Pacific Brake Attenuation Module as an auxiliary brake light. Now I can be seen front and rear. I commute daily in Phoenix. I also have the Blaster horn mod and the Clearwater's hooked up to the horns. It really does seem to make a difference.

Well today, nice litte 200 mile run, it sure worked in getting the attention on four cars in different locations, enought that they stopped and didn't pull out into my path.

Yes, I've had all kinds of reactions, some pull over, some turn on their flashers, some are too busy texting to even know. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Not sure I'd want that kind of attention, and they are annoying. Ever think of HID headlights, or maybe adding some additional "outboard" LED's for more visibility (to oncoming traffic of course) and it adds benefit to your visibility at night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure I'd want that kind of attention, and they are annoying. Ever think of HID headlights, or maybe adding some additional "outboard" LED's for more visibility (to oncoming traffic of course) and it adds benefit to your visibility at night.
LED lights are rapidly replacing HID lights on bikes. They have reached the point, and the price, where they can compete. I had HID headlight and spots on the Venture Royale, but didn't even consider them when I got the FJR. The higher contrast light and the instant on/off is great now the light output is up there.