Wash. St. Y.E.S source

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Seems like I read on the forum somewhere that Wash. state prohibits out of state purchase. If so I wonder what dealer is cheapest?

Seems like I read on the forum somewhere that Wash. state prohibits out of state purchase.
I'd question that assumption or at least cite a source first. As far as I know you can purchase from D&H and will be accepted by WA State dealers. It is a factory or manufacturer provided extended warranty (the dealer just processes the paperwork...the warranty comes from corporate Yamaha) and not a service contract (other non Y.E.S. "warranties" are considered the latter and are more regulated by the state as to who can sell them).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ignacio, I tried to buy from D&H and the first thing they ask was "What state are you from?". We are now one of the three states in the nation where you have to buy warranty in state.

communists......

Why in the hell would it matter where you get your extended warranty from.....

Sorry seems like a nice place to visit but really ??!?

Sorry for the rant OP, but I'm feeling your pain....

I'd question that assumption or at least cite a source first. As far as I know you can purchase from D&H and will be accepted by WA State dealers. It is a factory or manufacturer provided extended warranty (the dealer just processes the paperwork...the warranty comes from corporate Yamaha) and not a service contract (other non Y.E.S. "warranties" are considered the latter and are more regulated by the state as to who can sell them).
No assumption, fact.

I called Renee a couple months ago to buy a YES for my Tenere. She asked, I answered and was told D&H can't sell into WA any more. She suggested *cough* *cough* that if you knew someone in a "neighboring" state you could change the bikes location...

I shopped locally and made a deal.

--G

Seems like I read on the forum somewhere that Wash. state prohibits out of state purchase.
I'm a source. I posted here: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/154939-13-up-bin-o-facts-generation-iii/page-2?. Verified by D&H and a letter I received from an elected Washington state representative. Like Florida, Washington considers extended warranties as insurance policies and governs them as such. Therefore, anyone selling them must be licensed to do so by the State. The letter I received basically said the State had received so many consumer complaints about service contracts that they decided they had to be regulated to protect the consumers.

I went in to the dealer from whom I purchased my FJR and basically just negotiated a price which, as it turned out, was well below retail but not as good as D&H.

Last edited by a moderator:
This kinda funny!
coolsmiley02.gif

Ignacio, I tried to buy from D&H and the first thing they ask was "What state are you from?". We are now one of the three states in the nation where you have to buy warranty in state.
I learned something new! Thanks all!

....and then I cringed as I'm now in one of "those" states.

Well, I feel better also now since I went ahead and paid a bit more than D&H for YES recently when I bought my '14. Next time I run across Kreidler or staff I'm going to give him a piece of my mind. :)