Passenger foot peg lowering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogus

Reaction score
Got the Canyon Cages bag protectors on last night and found that if I was a passenger, there would not be enough foot room for my size 11's. Wifeys size 8's may be OK, but I would like to lower the passenger pegs for her since she always complains about her hips aching from the high position of the pegs.

IMG_20141019_052734_877_zps68507e0c.jpg

IMG_20141019_053916_417_zpsa1515a70.jpg

So I am looking for input about available kits to lower the pegs. This will give her more foot room, and more comfort the few times that she rides with me. For those of you that have lowered the passenger pegs, what are the pros and cons of different kits?

I put floor boards on first and that made a huge difference for my SO. It does provide a lot more freedom of position for her. I procured a set of lowering brackets which, primarily, provide relief on knee angle. Subsequent to getting the lowering brackets I put a Russel Day Long on the bike. She rode for about an hour with the seat and lower pegs and said that the wings on the seat were hitting the backs of her legs, so I took the brackets off. While the lowered pegs may make more room for the feet, it could cause interference elsewhere. You might try the floorboards first, because they will be good either way.

I put a set of lowering brackets on my '13 for Line. Even short rides she was complaining that her knees hurt.

Lowering brackets solved the problem, but I find that it severely limits the amount of footroom *I* have when her feet are on the rear pegs. She doesn't have big feet!

Basically, when she's on the bike, my foot has to rest on the footpeg on the instep. It's a reasonable trade off though, I don't do much riding on the balls of my feet when she's on the back anyway.

I put a set of lowering brackets on my '13 for Line. Even short rides she was complaining that her knees hurt.
Lowering brackets solved the problem, but I find that it severely limits the amount of footroom *I* have when her feet are on the rear pegs. She doesn't have big feet!

Basically, when she's on the bike, my foot has to rest on the footpeg on the instep. It's a reasonable trade off though, I don't do much riding on the balls of my feet when she's on the back anyway.
Steve,

The brackets I have lower and move her feet outboard enough to not interfere with my foot position. Do yours just drop straight down?

Intech, are yours MCL's? Looks like that is about the only game in town other that one other place in Germany.