• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB - Starter motor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiowize

Reaction score
Does anybody have a spare starter motor sitting around? Mileage isn't important, I'm just looking for a core to rebuild.

I have one at home that I picked up off Ebay years ago when I got a bit worried about my '04. But 100k miles later I sold the bike w/o ever needing the starter. With a '13 in the garage now I don't have much use for it. Let me see if I can find it tonight and I'll PM you. It's a shame to use it as a core as I don't think there's anything wrong with it but I understand why.

Gary

Most the time there is nothing wrong that a good cleaning won't fix. I have done several. The hard part is getting the damn thing out.

........and the worse part is you realize you didn't weld your negative cable to the frame......that's the worst part.

....with amsoil welding fluid.

Yeah, I plan to open the core and do whatever needs to be done, then do the swap so I only have a day of down time.

Yeah, I plan to open the core and do whatever needs to be done, then do the swap so I only have a day of down time.
I think I have a spare in the shop. If I can find it I would ship it to you and when you're done send me your old one back.

I got the starter. Now I have to find the time to test it and install it
fool.gif