Festar is in the House - andFully ready to ride!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
I picked Brian up in Rapid City about 2230 after a near 30 hour journey from Sydney AU.

Tomorrow we hope to get him a South Dakota Drivers License which is the precursor to him being able to register his bike here in South Dakota.

Then a little maintenance, a prerun or two of the BH FJR Roundup routes and we will head out for SWFOG on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Our plan is to be in Torrey UT the night of the 27th to rendezvous with erixun for a ride down UT 12 and on to Cedar City.

SWMBO has made some noises about me doing something with her Tues night so our route to Torrey may be revised, but we will get there!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was just a matter of time before our lax border controls would bite us in the arse.

Welcome Brian, and if your travels bring you back this way, then you are certainly welcome to stay at the Outpost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back to Brian!
smile.png

Step One Complete - SD Driver's License in hand after the kind ladies at the Sturgis Licensing Bureau assisted Brian.

Next is the Bike License, then Insurance, then.......

Ready to rumble!

Bike licensed.

Full coverage insurance with $100 deductible, $240 for a year! Was $500 through progressive last year without a US Drivers license.

What's the longer term plan? If the tour takes you within 400 miles of me, I hope to chase you down for a couple days! After all, I've got a new bike that needs some miles on her!!!

In general, with no specific dates, the conception is that after SWFog FESTAR will head west and enjoy Kaliforni until late June.

He'll head back East in time for BH FJR Roundup.

After a few days off the bike we will head East, I need to be in Long Eddy NY for an event 10-11 July. Will then spend a few days in New England before catching one or two shows of the Indiana Sprit Week wingless sprint car series, then work our way back to SD to be ready for Sturgis Setup on July 28th.

Don't know what we are going to do post rally.

Brian heads back home on August 20th.

All ready for the big 825 mile run from Spearfish to Torrey Utah next Wednesday. We're going via Casper WY, over the South Pass, down to Rock Springs then through Flaming Gorge on 191 then to Vernal UT and on to Torrey to join up with Erixun.

Tested both bikes today with a 175 mile run. All well, got home just before the 36 hour rainstorm hit. Supposed to get at least 2" by Monday morning.

It was just a matter of time before our lax border controls would bite us in the arse. Welcome Brian, and if your travels bring you back this way, then you are certainly welcome to stay at the Outpost.
Thanks for that Kevin, I feel like i have come back home. Even have a US licence to prove it.