Shane's Bun Burner Gold.......His What?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really starting to see the benefit of the 3x5 card notes in the map pocket of my tank bag

Nice to see some of the old school tips still stand up.
smile.png

Congrats.
I LIVE by them.

I have lost use of the GPS on 11k rides before and have still made the ride because of note cards.

Excellent back-up!

I appreciate the encouragement. Not sure I really want to do it though...maybe. I've found for me that the LD stuff is just a good tool for me to get to the places I want to be rather than the focusing on the cert. I still have the 50cc in my sights but that's about it.
Also, it doesn't help that my last leg is through the metroplex of the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Both times it was crazy on the highway and even though I commute daily in that mess, it was screwing with the mode my head had been in all day long. Kind of a little bit scary actually.
Here's an idea, you're welcome to ride up here for the finish! No metroplexes for miles in any direction!

smile.png

Shane

I was really starting to see the benefit of the 3x5 card notes in the map pocket of my tank bag

Nice to see some of the old school tips still stand up.
smile.png

Congrats.
Thanks Bounce,

Yep, sometimes there's just nothing better than a Sharpie and note cards.

Shane

They won't suffer a power outage. But they may blow out of your hand and across the gas station parking lot and under a car. Receipts do that too. ugh.
Sounds like the voice of experience...?

Shane

I LIVE by them.
I have lost use of the GPS on 11k rides before and have still made the ride because of note cards.

Excellent back-up!
I can't explain the sinking feeling I had when (westbound) I couldn't find the exit I KNEW was needed to get to a bonus that required heading south at Bozeman. But the exit wasn't there. I finally pulled off and flipped through some of those 3x5 cards I should have been flipping through all along... and found I should have headed south at Miles City.

Tech can fail too. Especially Polaroid cameras allowed to skitter across the parking lot right before the start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an idea, you're welcome to ride up here for the finish! No metroplexes for miles in any direction!
Tempting...however, I'll still have to ride home.
biggrin.png

Sounds like the voice of experience...?
Um yea, final gas stop to stop the clock. Talk about a heart attack.
biggrin.png
I chased them down though. Learnt my lesson real good right then.