SW Colorado with my nephew part 2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodman4

Pressing on
Reaction score
...Continued

Leaving monument valley
IMG_0994.JPG

On the way to Moab we stopped at Goosenecks State Park just SW of Moki Dugway which is an interesting view. IMG_0998.JPG

I didn't have my wife with me so I thought Moki Dugway would be easy going, but I found myself nervous on it. I was not as recovered mentally from our wreck as I had hoped.
IMG_1011.JPG
IMG_1013.JPG
We made it in early to Moab but we were tired so instead of heading up to Canyonlands we grilled and watched a movie. I know some of you guys camp like real men, and I always used my wife as the excuse for staying at nice places. I'll have to get a new excuse, I guess. If you do come to Moab for more than one night, I strongly recommend one of the condo's because the hotels are outrageous and the Vacasa/VRBO's are really nice for the same money or less.

Arches now has timed entry so your best bet is going before 7:00 when entrance is free and open. It wasn't crowded at all and we were able to see the top sights in a few hours. If you are a hiker, the walk up to Delicate Arch has a great view, but we were there for the roads and scenery this trip, and not the hiking.

Arches is great but actually is my least favorite of the big 5 Utah parks. Maybe it's the crowds.
IMG_1018.JPG
IMG_1062.JPG
IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1049.JPG

We went to Canyonlands after lunch which I think has more interesting views than even the Grand Canyon, even though not quite as expansive. Still, you can hardly comprehend any of it and pictures don't touch it.

Mesa Arch is actually not in Arches, but in Canyonlands. It's my favorite arch.
IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1079.JPG

To be continued...